WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

P. 177: Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge officially opens on 8/29/19
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Postby Meteornotes » Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:31 am

Yeah, they were previewing this the other day when I was at the park, but the show wasn't until 3, and considering that shortly after opening ToT had a 65 minute stand-by line, I really didn't feel like hanging out until then for the show. Plus, I figure I'll see the original one this summer. I'm not much of a park show person either, but if stuff blows up, it should amuse me for a few minutes...

dt

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:25 am

^Yeah Dave, plus it's even more amusing in French!

Elissa "Oh la la Explosion!" Alvey

Not Everyone In Germany Wears Lederhosen and Eats Sauerkraut

Postby Hattuchili » Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:17 pm

SharkTums wrote:^Yeah Dave, plus it's even more amusing in French!

I think you like it because of the French language, right? But it looks like it would be definitely the same show as in Paris or will there be any difference? I dont think so!

--Soeren
--> from good old Germany and back in Orlando!

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Jose Eber » Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:01 pm

Ghost wrote: Would be interesting to know if the bridge is there and if the jet ski stunt will be performed…

Well, I saw it today, yes, there is a big bridge there and all though several stunts were not performed today, they did say a Jet Ski act was coming in.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

16 year old girl critical after riding TOT in FL

Postby Sir Clinksalot » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:18 pm

http://www.local6.com/news/4713504/detail.html

Girl Critical After Riding Disney's 'Tower Of Terror' Ride

POSTED: 1:00 pm EDT July 12, 2005
UPDATED: 2:16 pm EDT July 12, 2005

A 16-year-old girl is in critical condition after riding the "Twilight Zone Tower Of Terror" ride at Disney-MGM Studios at Walt Disney World, according to Local 6 News

Officials said a girl from Britain exited the ride Tuesday at about 9:50 a.m. and complained that she was not feeling well, Local 6 News reported.

She sat down with her mother in the theme park but her condition continued to worsen, an Orange County Sheriff's spokesman said.

Disney medics came out and treated her and she was transported to Celebration Hospital where she was unresponsive, Local 6 News learned.

Orange County Sheriff's Office will be investigating.

In June, a 4-year-old boy died after passing out while aboard Walt Disney World's "Mission: Space" attraction -- an Epcot ride that has caused previous concerns because of its intensity.

On the ride, guests are seated aboard a freight elevator that glides through hotel passageways.

The elevator enters a pitch-black shaft and launches guests skyward unexpectedly. The vehicle then drops 13 stories.

Sorry, Not Feeling Very Creative Today!

Postby FlyingScooter » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:24 pm

Disney... hmmmmm
Man, that's a few too many accidents for me at that park.
Hope everything turns out okay for the kid.

Desperate Housewife Who Wants to Live in THIS Castle!

Postby disneygurlz2s » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:27 pm

Gregg, how do you always manage to scoop me on these???

Sounds like another case of a person with a health issue that could have been triggered by the ride. This was the report from WESH in Orlando.

http://www.wesh.com/news/4713556/detail.html

Shari

Randomness

Postby coasterdude5 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:29 pm

Hmm... Oh I know! People don't drink enough water and they ride these awesome rides.

People gatting anxious start to sweat and lose alot of water. This happened to me and I got real sick but it was at a McDonalds not at Disney. People fill up with cokes at parks and caffeine just sucks the water right out of you. Now I drink 8 glasses of water a day and hardly have any sodas. Now when I go to a park I never get dehydrated!

Well I'm off my soapbox now. That's probably what happened- severe dehydration. But I'm no medical expert.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Sir Clinksalot » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:32 pm

^ That's a VERY good point.

Last week at SFMM I made sure Amanda and I had PLENTY of water as it was a VERY warm day. We went on the Round-Up and both got off kind of queazy. Had to take a break after.

I can imagine that heat + the Florida Humidity making people sick all of the time.

Remember people, you have to hydrate your body!!!

Sorry, Not Feeling Very Creative Today!

Postby FlyingScooter » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:33 pm

^could be health issues.
when i was in high school, i dated an anorexic (didn't know at the time, this was several months before Karen Carpenter passed) that would pass out everywhere we went in hot weather. Major dehydration problems. Gl, CP even the Cleveland Zoo, we'd be there for a few hours, and she'd drop.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!