TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tr: Solace, Bash, And More ... Pt 2

Warning: Please forgive my excessive ramblings. These TRs are long, but that is just the way I do it. You can find these reports along with some photos at: http://www.coasterfanatics.com.

Thursday 3-10-05

After a decent night's sleep to make up for the time difference, we made our way to Disneyland for the 2nd day of our 3 day hopper. First, we headed to Fantasyland and took a spin on Storybook Land. This is a pretty unique little ride where you can view miniature versions of some of the Disney movie locations. Not the best ride, but a relaxing way to start the day. Since we were planning on meeting up with Chris, Natalie, and Paul later in the day, we tried to stay away from some of the more popular attractions so we could ride with them later. The next stop was Buzz Lightyears Astro Blasters. The ride was not officially open, but it ran everyday that we were there. In about 10 minutes, we boarded our "omni mover" and grabbed the gun. As usual, Catrina was trying to throw me off my game by pushing the side my head and grabbing my gun. With all the distractions, and a little bit of videotaping, I was still able to put up a respectable score. After the ride, you can go to kiosks located at the exit and send your on-ride photo to any email address of your choosing. We sent it to ourselves, and now she has the proof that she beat me by a close margin.

Since Catrina never had the pleasure of experiencing "It's a Small World", we headed over to the ride, so she could see what see had been missing. About half-way through the ride, I hear her say, "There's more". To this I replied, "We are only about halfway through it". By the end of the day, I was probably starting to get on her nerves with the random whistling of the chorus.

A few more attractions, and a Chili dog later, we met up with Chris, Natalie, and Paul. They were running a little late due to some problems with their rent-a-car, but we were now on our way. We rode Thunder Mountain, Indy, and the Matterhorn before briefly splitting for a little bit to grad our sweatshirts. We met back up and did Indy again, then made our way to the front of the park. We were all pretty exhausted, so we decided to eat back at the hotel.

Later, back at the Radisson at Knotts, we met at Amber Waves for a late dinner. While the food was a little pricey, the service was pretty good. This probably had something to do with us being the only people in the restaurant. I had the sirloin and it was a little rough on the outside, but the beer was good. Never mind the fact that it was nearly $5 for a domestic draft. We talked for a little while and then went upstairs, where I passed out before my head hit the pillow.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic