TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Any thoughts on what 2021 will look like!?

One of the things I'm most interested in is not how already-open parks will change, but how many additional parks will be open in 2021. Will the ones that opted to stay closed for all of 2020 decide to put a plan in place to open next year, and/or even have the approval to do so? I'll definitely be following that aspect closely.

*shrug* One less person in line. No one cares.

Well, the OP of the post cares because he's the one that asked the question. Don't know why you're being needlessly hostile for someone sharing their opinion.

Please note that my post was specifically in reply to the one above it; in retrospect I should have quoted it.

And I stand by my assessment that no one cares if you dislike the current state of affairs and aren't going to parks because of it, as the post mine was responding to states. That does not add anything to the discussion of what parks will be like in 2021 or beyond.

Please note that my post was specifically in reply to the one above it; in retrospect I should have quoted it.

And I stand by my assessment that no one cares if you dislike the current state of affairs and aren't going to parks because of it, as the post mine was responding to states. That does not add anything to the discussion of what parks will be like in 2021 or beyond.

Thank you for your very valuable contribution to the discussion. Meanwhile my post cited aspects of 2020 that I hope are different in 2021. You know, the topic of the conversation.

Thank you for your very valuable contribution to the discussion. Meanwhile my post cited aspects of 2020 that I hope are different in 2021. You know, the topic of the conversation.

*shrug* Not going to argue with you.

*shrug* Not going to argue with you.

You didn’t need to have such a petty reply since the original comment is relevant to the topic. He didn’t need to reply after. Both of you move on now please.

2021: More of 2020 with people who aren't going to be as understanding about what's going on because they're going to be impatient assholes who want things to be over.

Honestly this. We've got a mask mandate now in Korea because they consider triple digits too high and want to put it back into doubles and takeout only from 9 pm and I'm seeing fewer masks than when it was optional 6 months ago because people are just done and trying to pretend like it is over. There are brawls on the subway and lots more businesses getting complaints who just want to let off steam.

I see a lot of people who've endured the 2020 season because it was this or nothing forgetting about the months of nothing and being a lot less tolerant of the rules. And on the other side of the coin, you'll have the people who will follow every rule to the letter because they want it to be over who will be a lot less forgiving and a lot more vocal if they see any infractions and that's just a bad combination.

coasterbill said:
southpuddle said:
I can deal with wearing masks, I can accept that we may not see anything big new and shiny at a lot of parks for several years, but another year of pointless diminished capacity on rides would be a real bummer.

I entirely agree that I can't stand this policy in parks that otherwise don't care about social distancing where you end up spending more time not socially distanced so they can pretend to care during the ride (Six Flags) but I also get that it's necessary to allow them to open since it appease politicians.

This and this. I'll wear my mask, wash my hands, and even do the required hand sanitizer squirt prior to every ride (like SDC makes you do). Where is gets discouraging is how the policies affect operations and the overall park experience. Asymptomatic transmission has been drastically downgraded, thankfully.

Habreno said:
2021: More of 2020 with people who aren't going to be as understanding about what's going on because they're going to be impatient assholes who want things to be over.

There are compromises somewhere between your intelligently worded beliefs and the extreme opposition.

There are compromises somewhere between your intelligently worded beliefs and the extreme opposition.

Can only compromise with someone who's willing to, and I strongly doubt that most people in 2021 are going to be willing to.

• 1 month later...

At the rate we’re going now, I’m afraid things won’t look much different at parks for at least the first half of 2021. With a vaccine expected sometime in the next several months, hopefully that will allow restrictions to be gradually eased, but I expect most parks probably won’t be back to 2019-level normalcy until 2022.

I think there's a likely chance things won't ever be back to normal like they were, which is sad.

On 9/11/2020 at 5:40 PM, Habreno said:

Can only compromise with someone who's willing to, and I strongly doubt that most people in 2021 are going to be willing to.

Are you self righteous enough to believe most people aren't willing to compromise, but you are?

On 10/29/2020 at 11:13 AM, prozach626 said:

I think there's a likely chance things won't ever be back to normal like they were, which is sad.

Are you self righteous enough to believe most people aren't willing to compromise, but you are?

I *work* in a park. Let's simply state that I have first-hand experience on the topic.

4 minutes ago, prozach626 said:

^Oh shit! You have experience dealing with people? Even during the pandemic? What true insight into humanity you must have. I guess I just didn't realize who I was talking to.

Mmm... I can sense the sarcasm dripping from your voice like venom of a snake's fang.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Manic Monte said:

I'm gonna go ahead and say it.

2021 will make us long for the good old days of 2020.

This sounds about right. In 2020, we want to go back to 2019. In 2019, we wanted to go back to 2018. And so forth.

I am hoping, at the minimum, that all parks are able to open in 2021. Even if all of the same guidelines are still in place, I would hate to see a park not be able to open *again* due to some ridiculous state/county mandate and likely close indefinitely as a result.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, ricklap77 said:

Sadly so far with all the Covid variants poping up, 2021 might look a lot like 2020.

I think 2021 was going to look like 2020 regardless.  New variants have been popping up since the beginning, but it's only recently that news media outlets started widely reporting it and bringing attention to them.  I really don't think those will cause any parks to drastically alter their 2021 operating plans.

Where I think there's going to be a weird divide is when a chunk of the population has been vaccinated, and another chunk of the population hasn't. The ones who have been vaccinated aren't going to want to social distance on the rides, wear masks in the heat all day, etc. while it's still going to be pertinent that the non-vaccinated people do those things. I don't see a way for parks not to have the same rules for everyone, so it's likely going to be a struggle to enforce the rules across the board. 

I just got vaccine #1 and I am STOKED at the idea of visiting parks with that extra bit of safety, but I also fully intend to follow park rules, if anything, to set a good example for the non-vaccinated people. However, I don't have enough faith in humanity that others will feel and do the same.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1