IAAPA 2019 Trade Show Updates from TPR!

Day 2: VR, arcades and new themed entertainment concepts!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Macaroni and Donkey

Re: IAAPA 2019 Trade Show Updates from TPR!

Postby CenturyFlyer » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:33 pm

Yeah, there seemed to be a lot of trains on display, newly unveiled and otherwise.

If every park put a "vertical spin" car on their SBF spinner, they would be like 100x more fun!
There is only one true Blue Streak!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:42 pm

lots of great looking trains on display!

thanks for sharing your visit, jedimaster!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:43 pm

Theme Park Review returned to the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando for day two of IAAPA 2019! Today's visit was focused mostly on the smaller booths of the show floor! Take a look and let us know what you think!

1.jpg
IAAPA may be home to tons of ride manufacturers, but it is also home to vendors who create arcade games, family entertainment center offerings and other amusement enterprises.

2.jpg
Paradrop VR is an awesome VR game where you fly a parachute over a mountain range!

3.jpg
Extreme Engineering is showing off the latest version of their Cloud Coaster system at this year's IAAPA Expo.

4.jpg
Doppelmayr, the company behind the Disney Skyliner and Kolmarden’s Safari Tour has a booth on the show floor.

5.jpg
Gravity Group showing off their latest Timberliner lead car concept.

6.jpg
The Alberts company, who does the foam molding for any coaster that you probably have ridden.

8.jpg
WhiteWater has a large presence on this year's show floor.

13.jpg
There's a SlideWheel model at the WhiteWater booth.

9.jpg
PTC consistently brings their trains to IAAPA.

10.jpg

11.jpg
Companies like Alcorn-McBride provide some awesome lighting and show control systems.,,,

12.jpg
A whole section of the coin-operated area is only Sega games!

15.jpg
Dynamic Attractions' booth.

16.jpg
Another look at the the Nebulaz flat ride from Zamperla.

17.jpg
Walltopia is giving attendees the chance to test out their Rollglider concept.

20.jpg
We love that Intamin features TPR footage at their booth every year!

21.jpg
Another look at Maurer Sohne's Bolt coaster car, coming to Carnival Cruise Line's Mardi Gras.

22.jpg
VR Foosball anyone?

23.jpg
Outside on the midway Rides4U has a working Crazy Surf flat ride to experience.

14.jpg
The Weber Group and Infinite Kingdoms made a joint announcement today of their new concept, Ancient Lore Village.

18.png
Here is the first piece of concept art from Ancient Lore Village.

24.jpg
Check out the press release and teaser below to learn more about this new themed entertainment concept.

https://ancientlorevillage.com/ancient-lore-village-announcement-from-infinite-kingdoms-at-iaapa/

Together with the Weber Group, Infinite Kingdoms announces the first-ever Ancient Lore Village.

A new world of Immersive Themed storytelling is coming to Tennessee. Ancient Lore Village, a first of its kind overnight “story resort,” is being announced in partnership and design development with Infinite Kingdoms and Weber Group. This award-winning team of industry creators and builders is bringing this vision to life. Guests at Ancient Lore Village will play their part in an original story world that will take place all around them, including interactive experiences their rooms and spread around the resort. The focus on family connections is an embodiment of the company’s vision statement “to foster community, and thereby improve the world, through experiences.”- the resort will feature unique interactive lodging accommodations without traditional TV’s in the room. New game technology and traditional play experiences for families will form unique memories, driven by their choices and interactions. The new breakthrough play platforms of Magic Campfire, DigiMe and Infinite Tracking in the entire resort becomes an interactive playground for guests that will create a holistic “custom” world of the guest’s imagination and choice. “This is the first time in the world an interactive resort has been designed from the ground up to create a fully interactive world with physical and effect-driven interactives at all locations in the resort” says Denise Chapman Weston, Chief Inventor Infinite Kingdoms. Matthew Cross, CEO of Ancient Lore Village believes “Ancient Lore Village is built on the idea that we all value our human connections. No better connection can be formed than sharing and enjoying stories together. Infinite Kingdoms and the Weber Group are a perfect fit for taking our vision of a world connected by story and executing it with unique technology. The “Lore” of Ancient Lore Village is being announced here, at the World Stage of IAAPA with our co-creators Infinite Kingdoms and Weber Group. This compelling partnership is another key factor in our ability to demonstrate our executable vision to our growing base of partners.”

Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:09 am

Lots of great stuff! I rode the Nebulaz flat at Luna Park this summer and it was really fun, though not super thrilling. I’d love to try out that Crazy Surf flat!

I just can’t believe PTC designed “new” trains but did nothing about those wretched lapbars.

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:19 am

Did Dynamic Attractions have anything noteworthy? Possibly some info for the Ferrari World coaster that's been in development hell for three years?
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby Invertalon » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:42 am

Was excited to see GCI's new hybrid track debut at Fun Spot... Looks like RMC might have some upcoming competition in the future with those hybrid's, which is awesome.

Hoping if GCI get's some work, we start seeing some different types of elements (besides RMC's love for barrel rolls :lmao: ). Or even just a traditional type of GCI layout with that track option would be awesome, especially with those wonderful Millennium Flyers...

Really excited to see what comes out of GCI with this!
-Steve

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:50 am

cfc wrote:I like the color scheme on the Pantheon train.

It looks pretty cool, though it's just a "standard" design with decals all over it as opposed to the themed fronts of coasters like Taiga, Taron, and Soaring with Dragon.

KBrylczyk wrote:Remember a few yhears ago when IAAPA was full of awesome stuff, cool new concepts and all that? Recent years it's just been "here's a lead car for a new coaster, here's a lead car for an old coaster, here's a new topping for dippin dots." It's really gone downhill. Where's all the innovation we used to see?

Joey's on the money with this one, especially with S&S, who actually builds full-scale prototypes like coaster companies liked to do in the 80s and 90s. You'll also see new concepts previewed in the brochures and literature that the companies give out, I know Intamin is showing a single-rail like design in their latest one (but only a single image for it). Vekoma did the same for their new Suspended Thrill Coaster design in last year's book.

Jew wrote:I also imagine the shift to more train unveilings is because most of the "traditional" media is only there for day 1, so the focus is on parks trying to grab some media attention for themselves.

The big train unveilings were pretty much ALL SeaWorld parks. If the press schedule hadn't been somewhat full, they probably would have had an actual press unveiling for the Pantheon train too. SeaWorld is really pushing the coasters hard this year. I think the only other high-profile ride vehicle unveiling that I can immediately recall is the ETF dark ride system for Legoland New York.

DBru wrote:I just can’t believe PTC designed “new” trains but did nothing about those wretched lapbars.

They continue to remain absolutely legendary and have great business with replacement parts for the vast majority of existing wooden coasters, but there hasn't been a brand-new coaster built with PTC trains on it since 2016. M&V's new coasters all run Timberliners now.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:13 am

A.J. wrote:
cfc wrote:I like the color scheme on the Pantheon train.

A.J. wrote:It looks pretty cool, though it's just a "standard" design with decals all over it as opposed to the themed fronts of coasters like Taiga, Taron, and Soaring with Dragon.

True, but do those rides have "golden" track? ;)

BGW usually doesn't do that much more with the trains with the exception of Verbolten and InvadR.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:31 am

Great coverage so far. I always enjoy TPR IAAPA updates to get me looking forward to the next season. I'm sure some of the gripes can get a bit discouraging, but thanks for continuing to do your thing.

jarmor wrote:Lol the new hyper coaster coming to kings island lol.

Yeah. I'm sure it won't be a successful investment... Roller coaster enthusiasts praise GCI for their classic wooden coaster layouts, but when it comes to B&M's classic steel coaster layouts it's somehow cool to make fun of them. Not everything needs to be ground breaking to be good.

The closest comparison I can make to roller coasters are sporty cars, which I also happen to enjoy. Driver oriented cars deliver great visuals and an engaging experience. There are so many innovative/different models that are a blast to drive like my STI, the Honda Type R, Golf R, Toyota Supra, etc. In the end, the American general public has a lot more interest in the classic American muscle car. It's a crowd pleaser even though they maintain the mostly unchanged formula of high horse power V8's, somewhat conservative looks, and a more comfortable experience than some of the more aggressive feeling styling such as the aforementioned cars. Incremental improvements are made with each model, but the general concept remains the same. Muscle cars don't fit my personal tastes, but to say muscle cars haven't been a huge success among the masses and using what definitely works is just close minded.

Props for being cool, I guess?

KBrylczyk wrote:Remember a few yhears ago when IAAPA was full of awesome stuff, cool new concepts and all that? Recent years it's just been "here's a lead car for a new coaster, here's a lead car for an old coaster, here's a new topping for dippin dots." It's really gone downhill. Where's all the innovation we used to see?

Maybe it's just me, but I don't understand how with so many new and exciting rides being constructed this year, which are on display at IAAPA, someone could be wanting more. I enjoy seeing the different ride vehicles. I remember seeing TPR reports ten years ago when there were cool models and physical designs displayed. With computer animations being so good right now, there's not as much of a need to haul in props.

It's hard for some people to come to grips that IAAPA isn't a playground for enthusiasts. This isn't intended to be an all-you-can-eat carnival food buffet with a side of toys and models. IAAPA's intentions are business oriented.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:40 pm

Another look at the the Nebulaz flat ride from Zamperla.

I love that ride from what I am seeing! And I saw a video of it running, elsewhere...and wow!
At a demoed faster speed, it really was freeking people out! I loved it.

I also want somebody from Playland(PNE) to note this, and have it added to Playland's
already great collection of flat rides, etc. And Coaster. And Quarters Arcade. :wink:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!