IAAPA 2019 Trade Show Updates from TPR!

Day 2: VR, arcades and new themed entertainment concepts!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: IAAPA 2019 Trade Show Updates from TPR!

Postby Hilltopper39 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:04 am

The Axis coaster from S&S is by far the most intriguing new concept of the year for me, can't wait to see one of these things built somewhere. Also it might be just me but seems like this year has been a little lite on major new announcements. Maybe it's been this way for a few years and I just haven't noticed, and I know most parks do their major announcements before the show during their seasons, but seems like there was always a few semi major announcements on the first day. Maybe more is coming but either way the coverage is always fun to follow.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby coneyislandchris » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:05 am

Great photos and updates! Thanks for posting and looking forward to more!

One quick note: Nebulaz already opened at Luna Park during the summertime, and they gave it the name "Clockworkz" for this installation.

I'm all in on the hamster wheel car for the SBF spinners, but I'm kinda thinking that it's only an eventuality that they're going to make a variant that spins both horizontally and vertically in the future. And I for one can't wait for that glorious vomit-coercer. :lol:
That coaster dad [338] and that coaster kiddo [220]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Twisted Timbers. Intimidator 305. El Toro.

Kiddo's faves: Talon. Alpengeist. Raptor. TMNT Shellraiser. Fury 325.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:46 am

I like the color scheme on the Pantheon train.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Coasternerd3 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:10 am

michaellynn4 wrote:That Iron Gwazi car looks awesome! Also really dig the "hamster wheel" on the compact spinning coaster.

Yes! The hamster wheel looks really cool.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:41 am

Axis seems like an opportunity for a lot of parks seeing how the footprint can be a small or wide as it needs to be. Fun stuff! Thanks for the photos!
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:31 am

Remember a few yhears ago when IAAPA was full of awesome stuff, cool new concepts and all that? Recent years it's just been "here's a lead car for a new coaster, here's a lead car for an old coaster, here's a new topping for dippin dots." It's really gone downhill. Where's all the innovation we used to see?
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

Star Wars is gay.

Postby MayTheGForceBeWithYou » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:34 am

^There seem to be a few hints of that (Axis looks interesting, and the front car on the spinning coaster looks funky), but I do wish we could see more like it.
人生は素晴らしき冒険旅行

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby CarolinaJay » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:34 pm

Wouldn’t it be such a great surprise when we get the official announcement of Kings Dominions new coaster that’ll replace Volcano and it ends up being that new AXIS COASTER?!!!

Sigh, please....just let me dream for a second, thanks lol. Loving the look of the Pantheon trains!! Super colorful and vibrant!

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:02 pm

KBrylczyk wrote:Remember a few yhears ago when IAAPA was full of awesome stuff, cool new concepts and all that? Recent years it's just been "here's a lead car for a new coaster, here's a lead car for an old coaster, here's a new topping for dippin dots." It's really gone downhill. Where's all the innovation we used to see?

So you're telling me there's interest in products not done by RMC? You're crazy! We can't have anything different until every park has a RMC.
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:00 pm

KBrylczyk wrote:Remember a few yhears ago when IAAPA was full of awesome stuff, cool new concepts and all that? Recent years it's just been "here's a lead car for a new coaster, here's a lead car for an old coaster, here's a new topping for dippin dots." It's really gone downhill. Where's all the innovation we used to see?

Being done behind the scenes. Stuff like the Axis coaster was probably being shown at last years IAAPA in private and just now ready to be put on display after the prototype was built. I've seen some photos of other neat ride concepts on display on the floor, but I will defer to TPR coverage to show those off!

I also imagine the shift to more train unveilings is because most of the "traditional" media is only there for day 1, so the focus is on parks trying to grab some media attention for themselves.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!