Photo TR: Silverwood with Erik & Smisty & Not Andrew

September 22, 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Photo TR: Silverwood with Erik & Smisty & Not Andrew

Postby robbalvey » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:09 am

Ahh, yes! I was most certainly hoping there would be a trip report from your visit... and here it is! Well done....

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby MrSum1_55 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:28 pm

My last visit was three years ago. Timber Terror was running great at that time, but Tremors was quite rough. I know the park uses topper track on some sections of Tremors, but it could use more. Even though the wood coasters are hit-or-miss, the operations are bad, and the park is long overdue for a new coaster, I still love this park. It has that "small park" charm that feel like a breath of fresh air in a country dominated by corporate parks.

I might be moving to Northern Idaho soon. If I do, I will be proud to call this my home park.

Permanent Tourist

Postby Electerik » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:04 pm

MrSum1_55 wrote:I know the park uses topper track on some sections of Tremors, but it could use more.

I could definitely tell that that there were sections that were better, or at least differently rough.

MrSum1_55 wrote:Even though the wood coasters are hit-or-miss, the operations are bad, and the park is long overdue for a new coaster, I still love this park. It has that "small park" charm that feel like a breath of fresh air in a country dominated by corporate parks.

Sure. Tone is something I struggle with sometimes. It's not a bad park. I had a good time. It's just that if someone were to tell me they were going to this park and asked me what rides they couldn't afford to miss, I'm not sure what my answer would be. I mean, "Make sure you look at the flowers," seems a bit substandard. "Check out Tremors' gift shop"?

Personally, I don't think most parks need more than four or five coasters. They just need to figure out how to keep the ones they do have in good shape. But the big glaring hole at Silverwood, in my opinion, is the absence of anything even dark ride-adjacent.

Still, I've been to worse places.

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby ThemeParkJunkie51290 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:33 pm

Excellent report!
ROLLER COASTERS FEAR ME BECAUSE I SHOW NO MERCY!

Permanent Tourist

Postby Electerik » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:39 pm

Stupid technical question: Are two of those photos upside-down, or do they just appear that way to me?

Follow up question: If they do look that way to everyone, did no one want to say anything because they just thought it was a bit by me? :p

[Edit: I think I've fixed it. Welcome to a now confusing post!]
Last edited by Electerik on Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:54 pm.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:45 pm

^ I believe, that everybody, like Canada, was just being polite, and not bringing it up.

=)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby IdahoKat » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:06 pm

MrSum1_55 wrote:My last visit was three years ago. Timber Terror was running great at that time, but Tremors was quite rough. I know the park uses topper track on some sections of Tremors, but it could use more. Even though the wood coasters are hit-or-miss, the operations are bad, and the park is long overdue for a new coaster, I still love this park. It has that "small park" charm that feel like a breath of fresh air in a country dominated by corporate parks.

I might be moving to Northern Idaho soon. If I do, I will be proud to call this my home park.

I'd be great if they added another coaster, even another parks used coaster. But for 2020, they spent $100,000 on a "Drone Light Show." *yawn*

I live down the road from the park, so reading this trip report was a lot of fun to see what someone visiting. Thank you for the post.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:24 am

I've never been to Silverwood, but I've heard good things about their Giant Inverted Boomerang (that is, it actually runs consistently from day to day), and I knew that Knott's old Corkscrew found a new home there (I think you're right about it having two trains when it was in California).

Thank you for increasing my knowledge of this park. The more you know . . .
Last edited by cfc on Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:24 am.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby swfan1988 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:38 am

I'm glad the park is finally getting some attention! (It's my home park if you couldn't tell)

The one train ops are a bummer but its just the way it is...

Dark Ride: PLEASE!!!!!

I'm not sure why it doesn't get more attention, especially since its better than some other northwest parks.. (cough cough Wild Waves, cough cough Oaks Park cough cough)
I don't work for a theme park, but I wish I did! (Except Six Flags...)
Wooden Faves: 1. PHOENIX!!!! 2. Timber Terror 3. Timber Terror 4. Timber Terror...
Steel Faves: 1. Hersheypark's Wild Mouse :lol: 2. Corkscrew (at Silverwood) :lmao: 3. Everything Else!

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby The Great Zo » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:46 am

I enjoyed this trip report, but I'm even more anxious to read Goldberg's trip report of not going to Silverwood. I'm sure he's hard at work on it! ;)
-- Andy
Trip Reports: 2013 BG/KD -- 2013 TPR -- 2014 KI -- 2014 TPR -- 2015 TPR
Trip Reports: 2015 CP -- 2017 FL -- 2017 CP -- 2017 TPR -- 2018 FC -- 2018 CA

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!