Labor Day weekend in ATL TR? (Atlanta Zoo, Dragon*con, SFOG)

5+ days of drinking & partying. (+ animals & rollercoasters)
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!

Atlanta Zoo/Dragon*con/SFOG trip report?

Poll ended at Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:28 pm

Yes please! I love your TRs and even tho the Zoo and Dragon*con are not theme parks, they are interesting and you ended up at SFOG
42%
Yes. Even tho not all of it is Theme Park related, you like to have fun, and I like seeing your pics - even if they are mainly of you and people I don't know.
33%
Eh. It will be lots of pics of you and your friends, but I enjoy seeing the shenanigans you get into.
No. If it's not Theme Park related, I don't care. Just put the SFOG report in a separate thread.
17%
Hell no. I don't care to see pics of the debauchery from folks I don't know, and from a thing I'll never go to.
8%

Total votes : 12

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Labor Day weekend in ATL TR? (Atlanta Zoo, Dragon*con, SFOG)

Postby bert425 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:28 pm

So.. just got back from Atlanta, for my yearly pilgrimage to Dragon*con over Labor Day weekend.

to be honest, the con was SO crowded this year, I really didn't do much "official Dragon*con" related stuff - heck, it took me until Sunday to even bother with a panel. Pretty much I hung out with lots of friends, went out to eat a lot, and drink a lot, go to parties. . cosplayed (sorta kinda) twice, stayed up really, really late, hung with more friends, drank more.

oh, and the day before went with friends to the Atlanta Zoo (never been before, and they have a Carousel!), and blew off the last full day of con to go (hungover and puffy) to Six Flags Over Georgia where I had a great day in the sun riding rollercoasters.

figured I'd do a poll, and if there's interest, can do a full trip report - once I finally finish my St. Louis one (still have Grant's Farm to get posted).

I think it's interesting, even tho I didn't take near as many "costume" pics this year, since was hanging with friends partying so much.

anyways. . here's a quick example of some of my pics from this year that you'll see if I do a TR :)
IMG_8383.JPG
at the Atlanta Zoo, in the new African Safari section
IMG_8422.JPG
we are Pandas!

(Marcella posing under protest)
IMG_8434.JPG
zoo was among the more expensive I've been in (~$30 for a day ticket, not including rides) . . . but they have a Carousel!
70028898_10156598711512005_6789043590627590144_n.jpg
the Digitribe group (some of my good friends), in the DigiSuite, where we partied for most of the Con
IMG_8440.JPG
with my friend Sarah, who was Spider-Gwen
IMG_8481.JPG
hey, G-d's cool with it

(I was "i-WONDER-if-that's-a-WOMAN". . a cosplay I did many years ago, that came back for one night due to special request by some of my friends)
IMG_8586.JPG
BWAAA-HAAA-HAAAA

my favorite costume of the whole Dragon*con 2019"

"Bob Dav-Ross"
IMG_8657.JPG
a Friend I made at the Queerios meet & greet, before heading over to the Spectrum Party.

(it was waaaaay too bright in this room for how early it was: ~9pm)
IMG_8745.JPG
my annual pic with a "furry". . .
6e238af24b2b48f0a8fda3e5665adfac-1.jpg
Front Row on Goliath on Labor Day Monday. . so puffy and hungover. . .
IMG_8851.JPG
from the train, but the line was so short, I ended up riding it a little later in the day
IMG_8871.JPG
my favorite flat in the park!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Re: Labor Day weekend in ATL TR? (Atlanta Zoo, Dragon*con, S

Postby tinaalsgirl » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:03 pm

Omg, Bob Dav-Ross is AMAZING!

And man, my friends and I loved Monster Mansion so much we rode it twice! :D

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Dombot » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:07 pm

I'm never gonna say no to a TR from Bert, much less one from my hometown. I wish I could've gone to DragonCon this year, but hey, there's always next time. Great pics so far!

PS- I-Wonder-if-that's-a-Woman is sheer genius. :lol:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Goliath (SFoG) 5. Mako
6. Twisted Cyclone 7. Alpengeist 8. Mine Blower 9. Montu 10. Incredible Hulk

"If you trip me I will crumble and fall because I am a poorly structured building" ~Carson King

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:23 am

Looks fun! Let's see the whole report!

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:44 am

I have no idea what Dragon*con is but it looks like fun and I'd love to see more! I'd love to see pics of the zoo as well. Who cares that it's not theme park related? Still cool to see what you did! (Although I almost answered the last option on the poll just to be a d*ck :Pr ).
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

Postby bert425 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:59 am

RAWKIN_coaster38 wrote:I have no idea what Dragon*con is but it looks like fun and I'd love to see more! I'd love to see pics of the zoo as well. Who cares that it's not theme park related? Still cool to see what you did! (Although I almost answered the last option on the poll just to be a d*ck :Pr ).

HAHAHA. . did you end up doing that anyways? (I see the last option got a vote).

still . .. 80% said yes, so gonna do one :P
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:42 pm

bert425 wrote:
RAWKIN_coaster38 wrote:I have no idea what Dragon*con is but it looks like fun and I'd love to see more! I'd love to see pics of the zoo as well. Who cares that it's not theme park related? Still cool to see what you did! (Although I almost answered the last option on the poll just to be a d*ck :Pr ).

HAHAHA. . did you end up doing that anyways? (I see the last option got a vote).

still . .. 80% said yes, so gonna do one :P

Nope! When I answered it was 4-4 for the top answers and 0 on the others. Maybe someone else decided to be that d*ck. :Pr
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

Postby bert425 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:39 pm

guess I made it anonymous. . so will never know :p

oh well. . the horror that someone might have to click on a TR they aren't interested in! LOL

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!