Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Photo TR: Larrygator returns to Europe with TPR

Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:22 am

Yep, it's outside the park. I think this is it:
http://www.elka.parkslaski.pl

Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:36 am

Also, the food! I was really impressed with the lunch we had at the park both the food and the service. It really was a great park that none of us expected to be so awesome.

Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:05 pm

SharkTums wrote:Also, the food! I was really impressed with the lunch we had at the park both the food and the service. It really was a great park that none of us expected to be so awesome.

I made a poor food selection!

Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:55 pm

Stranded in Poland, The Tale of the Polish Princes

It was hard to get some sleep after Legendia. Many participants went into Krakow to sight see drink and eat. Since I did not go to Auschwitz Funland I had an early start on sightseeing. I was heading back to the train station for a 9PM train and ran into about 8 participants at an outdoor restaurant and they were kind enough to offer me a seat at their table. Afterwards I rushed to get the last train back to the airport hotel around midnight since we were planning to leave the airport at 4AM for a 7AM flight to Gothenburg via Amsterdam.

As we gathered that morning, Elissa warned us of a fueling issue in Amsterdam that might cause delays. But so what, we were on our way to Sweden. After a short delay we headed to our gate, only to be stopped and redirected back to the counters. From there all I can say is Elissa and Robb busted their asses to redirect 24 of us to Gothenburg as soon as possible. Robb and Elissa juggled phones and constant visits to the ticket counter to re-assign us on outbound flights that would get us to Gothenburg. It was clear that all of us would lose that night at Liseberg, but everyone was still in good spirits. When Elissa finally finished her phone call with the airline (over 3 hours later) all of us were scheduled on various flights through many destinations in Europe. Some people were already on their way to gates. And then there were the Polish Princes.

We were chosen because we were handsome, strong, brave, and not credit whores. Steve, AJ, Andrew, Brad, Colin and myself would have to spend another night in Poland and take an early morning flight to Gothenburg via Frankfort. Actually, we were chosen because alphabetically our names were the last six. But let's not have the truth get in the way of a great story.

Robb and Elissa assured us that transportation would rush us directly from the airport to Liseberg when we arrived and they would try to re-arrange morning activities. Around noon the Polish Princes checked back into the ariport hotel and used our generous lunch voucher at the hotel. Afterwards Brad and I took the train to sight see, Brad had skipped out on sightseeing the night before I so was his tour guide. Steve, AJ and Andrew did a Segway tour and I have no idea what Colin did. Quite frankfully, I'm not even sure if Colin was even the sixth Polish Prince.

So those of you expecting amusement park pictures, all I have is Krakow photos. As a picky eater, Polish food is generally not a de facto choice for me. But living in New York one eventually tries good food from every culture so I knew what food was Larry friendly.
Attachments
20190724_200212.jpg
Upon arriving in Central Krakow I really didn't have a game plan beyond: grab a map, find Wawel Castle and get something to eat. So many of my photos won't have captions, just admire the architecture
20190724_201306.jpg
20190724_202142.jpg
20190724_202154.jpg
20190724_202234.jpg
I knew it would not top Neurogen, so why even try.
20190724_202306.jpg
20190724_202425.jpg
20190724_202445.jpg
20190724_202452.jpg
20190724_202651.jpg
20190724_202819.jpg
I think this was the oldest building in Krakow
20190724_203503.jpg
Statues of the 12 apostles in front of a church
20190724_204025.jpg
After 45 minutes I made it to the castle walls
20190724_204436.jpg
and the gate to the castle was still open
20190724_204559.jpg
Not the sexiest rook, but it serves its purpose
20190724_204702.jpg
A view fit for a prince
20190724_204905.jpg
Walking on this surface is not fit for a prince.
20190724_205226.jpg
Goodbye Wawel Castle
20190724_205526.jpg
By happenstance I came across the former parish of Pope John Paul II
20190724_205655.jpg
20190724_210724.jpg
There were quite a few gelato shops but only one had Chocolate Chili, a princely treat
Last edited by larrygator on Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:01 pm.

Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:43 pm

"Lody" means ice cream. That's how much Polish I learned.

(Actually, I learned Entrance and Exit, too. But have now forgotten them, because they are comically similar to one another.)

Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:03 pm

It looks like you made good use of your time in the city! Definitely not the first city that springs to mind to want to explore in Europe, but when in Krakow... Glad you had a good time! =)

Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:33 pm

Love my Polish Princes!

Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:55 pm

these are some great pics in this update, Larry.

and how wonderful that y'all were able to keep such a positive attitude - the the trust in Elissa and Robb is so well placed: these two under pressure and/or crazy uncontrollable stuff? it's astounding to see how they can roll with it and adjust accordingly. They are superstars. period.

keep the Polish Princes name, you should add it to your signature, as you are Royalty now. :)

Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:59 pm

Larry Colin was one of the Polish Prices and he did do the Segway tour. We learned a lot about Poland and no one got hurt on a Segway!

Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:10 pm

I was the one that went off on my own. I was originally going to try to go the salt mine by train since the train map and Google maps made it seem easy but once my train stopped at Krakow Glowny and I couldn't figure out which train to switch to get there (Google maps was wrong) I decided to just explore around the Old Town area and Wawel castle and I think I made the right decision.

jedimaster1227 wrote:It looks like you made good use of your time in the city! Definitely not the first city that springs to mind to want to explore in Europe, but when in Krakow... Glad you had a good time! =)

Same here, but I really ended up liking the center of Krakow and it definitely felt like a European city. We made lemonade out of lemons.
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS