Cancelling a Six Flags membership?

Anyone try?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I own the website www.donkey.com

Cancelling a Six Flags membership?

Postby JT325 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:49 pm

I really need a LONG break from Six Flags parks (my home park is SF Great America). A friend and I got on the new ride last night, it's fun! On the way out of the park I stopped in Guest Relations to inquire about cancelling my membership, the attendant (who was great!) explained that I signed and agreement when I purchased the membership and I cannot cancel until after 12 months. Not a huge surprise there.

Paying the few bucks until next spring isn't a big deal, but I figured I'd ask about it anyway.
Cedar Point Frontier Lift 2020

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Cancelling a Six Flags membership?

Postby bert425 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:55 pm

they auto renew, don't they?

so you need to get it in writing to them that you wish to cancel, otherwise, they will charge your credit card for 2020.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby JT325 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:59 pm

bert425 wrote:so you need to get it in writing to them that you wish to cancel, otherwise, they will charge your credit card for 2020.

I have a feeling trying to get anything in writing to Six Flags would be quite a challenge haha. Maybe not getting it to "them" but getting it read or replied to. Even then, I wouldn't be confident that the job was done properly.

If there isn't an easy cancel available, I will just have to call the credit card company.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby Houston Thrills » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:02 pm

You can cancel online, but not until you've had the membership for at least 12 months.

Edit: If you go to https://sixflags.com/membership and then click the Manage Your Account button, you'll see the link to cancel.

Postby JT325 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:50 pm

^Thank you, found it. Looks like the earliest you can put in to cancel is 10 months out. Oh well, guess I'll put it on my calendar for next year.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:59 pm

A membership is basically the same price as a one day pass anyway, so you haven't lost anything. If next year you still want to cancel, do it online. I did that once. They offered me a lower rate, then when I said no again, they canceled. It was easy. And I went back a while later and got a new membership when finances were better. They make it easy on you, but no they absolutely will hold you to your word when you agreed not to cancel for 12 months.

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!