Photo TR: 2-Day Germany Blitz

Phantasialand, Holiday Park, and Europa Park
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Photo TR: 2-Day Germany Blitz

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:01 pm

Gorgeous shots of those mountains you took! And is Switzerland
$till as ex$pen$ive as I remember it, several years ago?
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Satchboogie3 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:01 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:Gorgeous shots of those mountains you took! And is Switzerland
$till as ex$pen$ive as I remember it, several years ago?

I found Switzerland to be about on par with Scandinavia when it comes to pricing. Hostels were pretty cheap, hotels looked reasonable, and the food reasonable considering these places are pretty touristy now. What got me was all the transportation prices: 3 day travel pass + all the add on's for different trams/gondolas added up really fast. I definitely think you can do a hiking trip in Switzerland without spending too much money if you plan it right.
Coaster Count: 219
Favorite Steel- Superman: Ride Of Steel (SFNE) .... errrr Bizarro
Favorite Wooden- El toro

Postby Satchboogie3 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:08 pm

KarlaKoaster wrote:Thanks for a great trip report. I'm interested to know what you thought of Kronasar's location? It's the only thing that puts me off staying there - I know there is transport to the park/the other hotels, but it's not quite the same as walking around the different hotels etc.

It's definitely a trade off. As you mentioned, it's not inconvenient as the shuttles run often and until midnight and it's only a few minutes down the road. But you don't have quite the same immersion as the other hotels being next to each other/the park. That said, the fake harbor is REALLY nice at night and I'm sure it will only improve as the water park is finished. But if I did it again, I might opt for the Colosseo hotel. (The Bellrock was really cool, but being from New England... :lmao: )

So I guess my feedback would be: if you like the Scandinavian vibe/food, stay there. Personally it was the cheapest of the hotels when I booked and having stayed there, I made the right choice I think.
Favorite Wooden- El toro

Postby Satchboogie3 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:18 pm

Condor wrote:How much you got done at those three parks in just two days is remarkable. I had two full days at Europa alone and still didn't fit everything in. I agree with your opinions on all of the rides, especially Silver Star. I didn't like it quite as much as you did, but it was far, far better than I had been led to expect. Only one I differ on is Wodan, though you're right in that it has an odd lack of airtime. It's very different than other GCIs in that you have to appreciate it for its sprawl and visuals.

Hotel Kronasar looks better with every picture I see. It will be tough deciding between it and Colosseo when I go back.

I think I lucked out on the crowds (it was a Wednesday) and the app really helped pick lines when they were short. I pretty much power-walked everywhere and if I wasn't on a ride, I was in a line. That said, if I had 2 days, I would have taken at least an hour out of the day for food/snacks/beer, but I was on a mission to get to Switzerland!!!

I shouldn't go overboard about Silver Star, it's still not an Intamin Mega :lmao: , but it was far better than what I was expecting and really enjoyable.

I'm definitely being harsh on Wodan. It was pretty out-of-control fun, I just am obsessed with airtime. ;)
As for Kronasar, as mentioned above, I loved it, but Colosseo was really impressive to. If you have already stayed in Colosseo, definitely book the Kronasar. If you haven't, flip a coin or go with the cheaper option. You can't go wrong either way.

TurnOfTheCentury wrote:Great report. Loved the photos of the scenery, and reminds me how beautiful the Alps are.
I am surprised by the tepid rides on Wodan. To me, that was the dark horse secret surprise when I visited Europa Park.
It felt wildly out of control, and although there were only a couple air pops, they were intense (particularly the one as they take the photo). The park is amazing.

I NEED to get to GE Force - your photos were mouthwatering.

Wodan was wild, I shouldn't say it wasn't intense. It's just the lack of air is all.

Yes, Expedition GeForce is out of this world.
Favorite Wooden- El toro

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!