TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Lost Island Waterpark planning Theme Park

• 2 weeks later...

I'm incredibly excited for this! It's nice to FINALLY see another theme park come to Iowa. One hundred million seems like a pretty reasonable price to me for what I'm expecting. I'm expecting maybe three roller coasters, all on the kind of cheaper end, being within about fifteen million dollars. Then I'm expecting maybe around twenty flat rides, most of them being smaller kid to family rides. I'm expecting about seventy million dollars spent on rides/shops/restaurants. The last thirty million would be spent on themeing. Building a bunch of facades isn't incredibly expensive. I wonder if Vekoma will be a big supplier for this new park. In the artwork, it looked like there was a Vekoma Waikiki Wave and there looked to be some sort of inverted coaster in the background of another piece of artwork.

• 6 months later...

Double post, but I found a map of what the part will look like. A few notable features: the top left corner appears to have Kanonen, the far ride side appears to have the SLC with helix from Ratanga Junction and then a mine train of sorts. There looks to be two water rides, one with two splash pools (probably a log flume. The front entrance plaza will lead up to a lake, where there will be a large Ferris wheel on the other side directly across from the plaza. There appears to be a kiddie area on the bottom right corner by the SLC with a kiddie coaster and either a playground or a splash pad as an area centerpiece. There also appears to be a dark ride just to the side of the entrance plaza. Overall, it looks like there will be around twenty total rides when the park opens. I honestly can’t wait for this park!

19541AA7-8E3E-47F0-95AE-0C6996C4F0AB.png.9bcbad7830ae9c748a0dd8ae0aa7742d.png

Double post, but I found a map of what the part will look like. A few notable features: the top left corner appears to have Kanonen, the far ride side appears to have the SLC with helix from Ratanga Junction and then a mine train of sorts. There looks to be two water rides, one with two splash pools6 (probably a log flume. The front entrance plaza will lead up to a lake, where there will be a large Ferris wheel on the other side directly across from the plaza. There appears to be a kiddie area on the bottom right corner by the SLC with a kiddie coaster and either a playground or a splash pad as an area centerpiece. There also appears to be a dark ride just to the side of the entrance plaza. Overall, it looks like there will be around twenty total rides when the park opens. I honestly can’t wait for this park!

That appears to be a Splash Battle. What did dollywood do with their rafts?

Top right looks to be a Rapids ride andsomewhat sharing the same footprint with a coaster but appears to be for a.future expansion. They left a couple of spots blank.for.even more later on.

Need a small footprint woodie like the the Fun Spot, or ZDT type.

I was wondering about that ride at the top left corner. In the sketches for the park, it looked like there was for sure a mine train, but I almost feel like from the map, it won't be coming in the first year. I know that the largest attractions in the park will be relocations, but I am still so excited for this park! It just seems like it will be something spectacular!

I was wondering about that ride at the top left corner. In the sketches for the park, it looked like there was for sure a mine train, but I almost feel like from the map, it won't be coming in the first year. I know that the largest attractions in the park will be relocations, but I am still so excited for this park! It just seems like it will be something spectacular!

Do you mean the area in the top right?

Up there it actually looks like two separate attractions - one racing attraction (Bobkarts maybe?) and a coaster. The coaster looks like a Great Coasters wooden coaster with a station fly-through.

Construction officially started in August. They have all the permits they need, they secured funding from both the state government, the city government, and through their own investment. This project is already off the ground. I will definitely be visiting.

• 1 month later...

We could use some positivity these days. On April 10th, Lost Island Water Park shared this photograph of the state of construction at Lost Island Theme Park. In related news, Park Pros (a GREAT YouTube channel that focuses on midwestern theme parks) posted a video that dives deep into the possible attractions in the park based on the concept part and the overview the park released. It’s a great watch and it’s really getting me hyped for Lost Island!

978B722C-DB4E-496E-8B06-05AAE0E72851.thumb.jpeg.1c30ecd497fe3ca45c7d83c3089dfb72.jpeg

• 6 months later...

Wow. It's been a while since anybody has posted in this thread. A great flyover has been posted of recent construction with the frames for multiple buildings already having been built! Plus you can see the footers for Kanonen going in! Plus Kanonen itself in what will be the parking lot. I get more and more excited for this project with each drone flight that this person posts, and he seems to be posting flyovers every other week now. 

9 hours ago, thrillseeker4552 said:

Hold on a second. So they are building a brand new theme park in the middle of nowhere Iowa - including a relocated Intamin and SLC - and nobody is talking about this? Wow. This is awesome!

I mean it was talked about when it was announced a year or 2 ago.  Not much has happened since.  I'm sure this will be the big thing to watch this off season as many parks will not be announcing anything major for 2021.  

This is not just a theme park but will also be a waterpark.  

I do hope with the SLC they've contacted Vekoma for some new-gen vest restraint trains and maybe some trackwork like what was done on Nor'Easter at Morey's.  

Kanonen will put this park on the map for many enthusiasts, no doubt about that.  The SLC rumors, though, I can't find confirmed anywhere.  The owners in an article I read (from May 2020) refused to comment on it.  I hope the deal fell through and they were forced to call anyone else.  I'd take some hillbilly's backyard death machine before the SLC from Ratanga Junction.

A few notes: so the waterpark is already a staple attraction that has been there since 2001. Since 2001, they have been planning the project and started picking up rides a small handful of years ago. They announced that the park would open in 2022, and that plan is still in place as the park owners have said that they have already invested enough money into the project that they will follow through with the 2022 opening. 

A few notes about the rides: Kanonen is confirmed. Cobra is not yet confirmed, but photos of the coaster being refurbished were posted to the CoasterForce thread about this park, and it is being refurbished by the same company that did the Kanonen refurbish. The old Cobra trains have been put up for sale, so it is all but confirmed that the coaster will be at the park, but not the old trains. I know the coaster selection doesn't seem that incredible for a brand-new park, but there will be plenty of amazing flat rides with top-notch themeing. There will be a Zamperla Backlash set next to a man-made volcano that houses a dark ride. There will also be a Zamperla Discovery (currently unkown if it is a giant discovery or regular), a Gerstlauer Sky Fly, a Zamperla drop tower, as well as a large log flume and splash battle. It looks like it will be a very asthetically pleasing park once it opens, so it should be worth a visit. I live around ten hours away, so I'll be sure to visit it when it opens. 

2 hours ago, LegendLover said:

There will be a Zamperla Backlash set next to a man-made volcano that houses a dark ride. There will also be a Zamperla Discovery (currently unkown if it is a giant discovery or regular), a Gerstlauer Sky Fly, a Zamperla drop tower, as well as a large log flume and splash battle.

hadus.jpg