Photo TR: Adventureland, Des Moines, Iowa

First time to the park since 1990!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Photo TR: Adventureland, Des Moines, Iowa

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:53 am

JT325 wrote:Thanks guys!

Canobie Coaster wrote:I'm really intrigued to experience just how bad Dragon's pre-lift is. It's incredible something so innocent looking can be so universally panned.

Don't let my words color your experience. My friend from Toronto had no problem with Dragon. But then again he's a fan of Canada's Wonderland SLC and there is no way I'd get on that again. Different opinions are a good thing.

I never knew it was possible for someone to like Flight Deck. :lol:
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

Postby jynx242 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:01 am

Great report! I truly loved Adventureland during my visit there. So full of Charm! I'll agree on Dragon though, ugh - that pre-lift let you know what was about to happen to you :)

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby JT325 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:32 pm

^Haha! Yes, "let you know" is a good way to put it. I can't get that car crashing sound out of my head. It's almost funny.

^^Neither did I! Before that one, I generally didn't mind the SLCs I had been on. But that one clobbered me silly. When I was there in 2014, it seemed like a popular ride! The "Tooth Chipper" (Volare) next door was a joy ride comparatively. You'd think they would ditch the both of them for a nice efficient B&M flying/hanging, but if they're popular why bother?

Flight Deck at CW and the Green-spin-aneurysm-thing at Magic Mountain are 2 coasters on my never again not even once list. Dragon isn't quite there, but definitely on the courtesy-ride-only list.
Cedar Point Frontier Lift 2020

Postby jynx242 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:19 am

^ I definitely think Dragon is a MUST RIDE, but for me it is a "must ride - ONCE" kind of attraction. I feel that it is another "rite of passage" for roller coaster and theme park enthusiasts.

Postby JT325 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:57 pm

^The funny 'circus mirrors' at the exit of Dragon make it worth it. Once. I forgot those were there.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby CenturyFlyer » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:59 pm

Late to this, but I just wanted to say nice report and add some comments.

I'm surprised you liked this Hurricane. Maybe it's just because I've only been on one, but I found it to be a painful experience. Seat dividers would sure improve this ride for me!

This park has always been fascinating to me: the old-school logo and other elements, the interesting ride collection, and the fact that it's pretty much in the middle of a cornfield. Thanks for showing us around.
There is only one true Blue Streak!

Postby JT325 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:25 pm

CenturyFlyer wrote:Late to this, but I just wanted to say nice report and add some comments.

Thank you :)

CenturyFlyer wrote:I'm surprised you liked this Hurricane. Maybe it's just because I've only been on one, but I found it to be a painful experience. Seat dividers would sure improve this ride for me!

The lack of seat dividers is why I like it so much haha. If you lean to the left a bit, should be more comfy.

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!