Have you seen this Whip?

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Have you seen this Whip?

Postby xSpirit2 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:15 pm

Hey everyone!

I'm trying to find where my favourite ride went after the local amusement park closed.
I'm looking for it since the park closed (5 years ago) but wasn't lucky so far. :(
5124074047_f3a9d1476a_o.jpg
5124679622_a55786c661_o.jpg

Site Admin

Re: Have you seen this Whip?

Postby robbalvey » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:42 pm

Any more info? Like where WAS this Whip at?

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:48 pm

Before it closed, five years ago? :?r
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby RollingCoasting » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:32 pm

It looks like the ride was located at Holnemvolt Park in Hungary

On what I think is the park's Wikipedia page, it states that the ride was called "Kanyargó" which google translate refers to as "The Winding".

If this is the ride you are referring to, it sounds like it was demolished and the roof structure was repurposed before being removed as well. It doesn't sound like the ride was relocated to another park
majorrip.png

Yes, I was extremely bored :p

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby xSpirit2 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:39 am

RollingCoasting wrote:It looks like the ride was located at Holnemvolt Park in Hungary

On what I think is the park's Wikipedia page, it states that the ride was called "Kanyargó" which google translate refers to as "The Winding".

If this is the ride you are referring to, it sounds like it was demolished and the roof structure was repurposed before being removed as well. It doesn't sound like the ride was relocated to another park

Yes, I was extremely bored :p

Sorry, I forgot to reply!
Yes, this one is it.
All the rides were sold together (including Kanyargo), but the buyer company was pretty mysterious, they never replied to any phone calls, or emails, making it impossible to locate (or even buy!) the rides they were offering.

A few years after the park's closure thanks to a former employee we found out 8 of our old rides' whereabouts (6 (T-Rex aka Moser Twin Flip, Mini-Venice, Torony aka Zamperla Sky Tower, Fire Brigade, Magic Bikes and a Rockin' Tug (This one still has the custom painted backplate with the old park's characters!)) are in the Wonderla parks in India, 1 (Break Dance) is in Sweden, and a another 1 (Top Spin) is in the Netherlands, in a park under construction.

Also the same employee stated that 2 of our rides, a Maurer Spinning Coaster with a Wild Mouse layout, and the only (!!) Flying Circus in the world were sold as scrap metal since the buyer didn't pay for storage.

So, Kanyargo was sold in a complete, working state (only the old foundation, the roof stayed and a few London themed fence stayed here;(the fence was saved by a movie director who filmed in the park) which was used as a Emu enclosure after the zoo got the park; and both were demolished at 2016 when the zoo's new big "Pannon park" project started), but as soon as it left the park's gates we never saw or heard anything else about it.
Oh..! I'm lying, the only rumor we heard (from the same employee from before) states that it went to somewhere in Finland.

post_161242_20140219144018.jpg

Edit: Maybe I should mention this too:
The Hullámvasút (wooden roller coaster) and Mese Csónak (Fairytale boat) is SBNO, but they will be operating again once Pannon Park is finished. (They stated it will be done somewhere in 2020 so that's not even that far!) Also, I should mention something about the wooden coaster. After an accident where the brakeman forgot to board the train, the zoo changed the max speed to 20 km/h from 40 km/h and also made a rule that there could be only 1 train on the track at the time, so if anyone comes to ride Hullámvasút except a less exciting ride than you experienced before!
Also, Tréfás Dzsungel Vasút (Funny Jungle Railway)'s, Túlvilág Kapuja (Gate of The Afterlife)'s trains and tracks are stored by the zoo and will be used later. (They promised this anyways.)
Barlangvasút (Cave Railway)'s trains, track and figures are in storage too, but I'm not sure about the plans with those ones.
OH! And in Holnemvolt Vár (a small park for children based on fairytales) there is a Vidámpark exhibition with Tréfás Dzsungel's moving figures, Barlangvasút's not moving figures (and body of a old dragon locomotive) and a Túlvilág Kapuja train. It's pretty sad that there is already a ton of dirt on everything there while everything else in the park is clean all the time. (It seens like in the zoo's eyes all of this Vidámpark related stuff is just a unnecessary thing they HAVE TO do otherwise everyone would hate them.)
Oh and the old carousel is in Holnemvolt Vár too, and it's open!
Last edited by xSpirit2 on Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:19 pm.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:42 am

The Flying Circus was one hell of a ride.
Last edited by larrygator on Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:44 am.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:06 pm

^ It sure looked that way, back in 2012....
Resize of 0003_22.jpg
TPR 2012 China Tour. I did not ride this. Only took photos.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!