Insane Frisbee Accident in Uzbekistan...

This video is nuts!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Insane Frisbee Accident in Uzbekistan...

Postby robbalvey » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:11 am

Screen Shot 2019-06-29 at 1.12.14 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-06-29 at 1.12.30 PM.png
Last edited by robbalvey on Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:12 am.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Re: Insane Frisbee Accident in Uzbekistan...

Postby larrygator » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:39 am

One source is reporting the location is a fun fair (but it could just be a translation error).

I still will not ride anything at US carnivals and fun fairs, so I'm sure as sh!t not ride them in Uzbekistan.

Germany is the only place I trust temporary rides outside of amusement parks and it's probably irrational to try them also.
Uzbek.JPG
Reporting by The Sun as being a fun fair
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:43 am

wow!

it's kind of shocking only one person died, those injuries look serious for all.

the story from the Daily Mail (that Robb linked to) calls it an "Amusement Park" and has a pic of the main gates:

so it looks like it wasn't just a fun fair or carnival type set up.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Mike240SX » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:38 am

And this is why you don't ride amusement rides in third world countries.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 134
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:00 pm

Sad that we'll probably never get any follow up on this accident. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that more later died or had catastrophic life changing injuries.

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:03 pm

Looks like it broke at one of the joints that would be fastened with big ol' honkin nuts and bolts. In an effort to cut costs they probably bought replacements that weren't rated properly and, well, this.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Sportsdude360 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:20 pm

This is shocking! Prayers for the victims.

Postby Arthur_Seaton » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:37 pm

Mike240SX wrote:And this is why you don't ride amusement rides in third world countries.

Just an FYI: ride accidents also happen in developed countries.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby anonymouscactus » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:02 pm

There are a surprising number of accidents in other countries and small carnivals that don't really get the coverage like this one did. There are always posts on "Amusement Ride Accidents" page on Facebook (not encouraging anyone to subscribe, or promoting -- they also sometimes have some pretty graphic stuff in there that nobody should have to see) from other countries and it always astounds me how many of these "knock off" rides exist and clearly aren't up to US standards. Unfortunately they are generally malfunctions and not user error, but it always amazes me how many end up on video and how often they happen around the world... relatively speaking. I'm not saying Amusement rides are unsafe by any means, but some places, I just wouldn't take the risk just looking at the rides. I feel very safe at parks here in the US and I know safety is taken very seriously. Sometimes when people say that seatbelts aren't needed because restraints are redundant as is, I don't mind taking the extra time and slower dispatches when I know they are just trying to be as safe as possible.

I'm not saying other places don't take safety seriously, too... I just haven't been to any countries outside Canada/US so I can't talk first hand about operations or procedures anywhere else like I can about the hundreds of coasters and rides I've been on and always felt safe on.

Postby Mike240SX » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:32 pm

Yes, but not typically due to gross structural failure such as this, and not typically to such disastrous results. In fact, the only recent even similar incident that comes to mind was the one at the Ohio State Fair, but that was a traveling carnival, not a permanent amusement park such as this.

In fact, let's go. Here are all of the deaths or injuries incurred at US parks due to negligent maintenance or random structural failure (source: Wikipedia):
-1930, Krug Park, 4 deaths due to a loose bolt
-1998, Disneyland, death due to improper replacement of a rope
-1999, Gillian's Wonder Pier, 2 deaths due to faulty brakes
-2001, SFDK, minor injury due to improper replacement of a pneumatic valve
-2003, Disneyland, death due to a derailment due to improper maintenance.
-2007, Kentucky Kingdom, injury due to faulty cable
-2010, Trimper's Rides, 3 injuries due to a failed cable
-2011, Morey's Piers, 5 minor injuries due to a broken mast on a swinging ship
-2011, Storybook Land, 3 injuries due to structural failure

Should I even try to list all of the similar deaths or injuries at traveling carnivals or third-world parks?
-Mike
Total Coasters: 134
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!