Click HERE to check it out, as well as former years!
Theme Park and Water Park Attendance Shows Strong Results in 2018, Museums Continue to Grow, and Observation Experiences Do Well
Attendance at the world’s top theme park groups increased by 5.4% from 476 million to 501 million visitors, exceeding a half billion visits for the first time in history and representing almost 7% of the world population. Visits to the top 25 theme parks worldwide grew by 3.3% from 243 million to 252 million, which was driven by the addition of second gates, leveraging major intellectual properties (IP), and resort hotels adjacent to parks.
Attendance at the top 20 water parks grew by 2.5% in 2018, while the world’s top 20 museums increased by 0.1%. This year’s report also includes a special feature on observation experiences, with attendance at the top 20 worldwide at 54 million.
The TEA/AECOM Theme Index and Museum Index report identifies the top theme parks and water parks and the top museums around the world — and reflect their performance for the calendar year.
Global attendance data are broken down by geographic region, by chain and by type of venue. The report is the definitive annual attendance study for the themed entertainment and museum industries, making it a valuable business reference and resource for the visitor attractions industry.
Top 25 Amusement & Theme Parks Worldwide
1. Magic Kingdom (Walt Disney World) - 20.859 million
2. Disneyland Park (Disneyland) - 18.666 million
3. Tokyo Disneyland (Tokyo Disney Resort) - 17.907 million
4. Tokyo DisneySea (Tokyo Disney Resort) - 14.651 million
5. Universal Studios Japan - 14.3 million
6. Disney's Animal Kingdom (Walt Disney World) - 13.75 million
7. EPCOT (Walt Disney World) - 12.444 million
8. Shanghai Disneyland - 11.8 million
9. Disney's Hollywood Studios (Walt Disney World) - 11.258 million
10. Chimelong Ocean Kingdom - 10.83 million
11. Universal Studios Florida (Universal Orlando) - 10.708 million
12. Disney California Adventure (Disneyland) - 9.861 million
13. Disneyland Park (Disneyland Paris) - 9.843 million
14. Islands of Adventure (Universal Orlando) - 9.788 million
15. Universal Studios Hollywood - 9.147 million
16. Hong Kong Disneyland - 6.7 million
17. Lotte World - 5.96 million
18. Nagashima Spa Land - 5.92 million
19. Everland - 5.85 million
20. Ocean Park - 5.8 million
21. Europa Park - 5.72 million
22. Efteling - 5.4 million
23. Walt Disney Studios Park (Disneyland Paris) - 5.298 million
24. Tivoli Gardens - 4.85 million
25. Chimelong Paradise - 4.68 million
Now, discuss! More images and info from the release will be coming later.