Wildwood Grove Media Day TR

A look at Dollywood’s latest expansion!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Wildwood Grove Media Day TR

Postby Taylor Finn » Tue May 14, 2019 5:28 am

jtrothrock wrote:Great write up. We were in the group with you and my daughter took the picture of you two in front of the sign. The event was quite enjoyable and Dolly was, well, Dolly. As far as the area,
Wildwood Grove is a fantastic addition to the park and very well done. Nice touches everywhere, including the covered areas for parents to sit and relax. The indoor play area has soo many different things for different ages and abilities. The area itself is gorgeous and fits into the overall theming of the park. This should prove to be a very good investment for the park and receive great reviews from the public.

I missed this the first time looking through these comments. You really hit the nail on the head there. They didn't skimp in any way when they made this area. So many nice touches and just a sprawling new land in the back of the park.

Baffles wrote:Great report! The area looks beautiful.

I notice the Vekoma train has a strange cage / netting type structure on - I wonder why the clearances have made this necessary.

Yeah, I do wonder that, too. I know the ride flies pretty low to the ground and over some areas of the park. Maybe they thought it wasn't terribly obstructive and would help with loose articles flying out? I really have no clue.

firebird81 wrote:What does Smoky Mountain inspired Mexican food taste like?

I think that terminology is just a little gimmicky. It is just Mexican-inspired food, at least as Americans know it. Bowls with some rice, pico, and meat, etc. But it is tasty and something different from the rest of the food in the park!

Elissa + Hangman Fanboy

Postby FlippyTrick09 » Tue May 14, 2019 5:32 am

Great report!

Baffles wrote:Great report! The area looks beautiful.

I notice the Vekoma train has a strange cage / netting type structure on - I wonder why the clearances have made this necessary.

Directly across from the first drop/overbanked turn is the new water play area, so there is an opportunity for loose articles to be projected into that area. Rather than place a net beneath that portion of the ride structure (which would alter the look of the area) Dollywood decided to place the netting on the ride itself.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby TEDodd » Tue May 14, 2019 5:41 am

Is it really for loose articles FROM the train or maybe protection from items thrown AT the train?

I think riders are more likely to be injured by those on the ground than vice versa.

Elissa + Hangman Fanboy

Postby FlippyTrick09 » Tue May 14, 2019 5:58 am

TEDodd wrote:Is it really for loose articles FROM the train or maybe protection from items thrown AT the train?

I think riders are more likely to be injured by those on the ground than vice versa.

I am sure that was taken into consideration as well. I can say with relative certainty that the major concern was articles from the train. This may not be easily visible from the pictures, but the nets are constructed with a pocket that is intended to catch loose articles.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Vonni » Tue May 14, 2019 7:17 pm

Awesome report! It would be nice to see an Ozark inspired version at SDC!

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!