TPR 2018 Coaster Poll Results!

The world's best roller coasters, voted by TPR members!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Re: TPR 2018 Coaster Poll Results!

Postby Intamin_coyote » Wed May 01, 2019 10:56 pm

RollerManic wrote: I’m also surprised by Soaring with Dragon, as I never thought much of it and didn't think many people had been out that way to ride it.

And that my friend, is the magic of this poll... ;)

Those remote coasters in far-far-away land get due representation, as opposed to... well, you know, that other poll....

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby mark549 » Wed May 01, 2019 10:58 pm

PKI Jizzman wrote:Steel Vengeance was in my #1 category. It's seriously that good. Echoing Erik's note, I'm thankful for being a part of not one but TWO Steel Vengeance ERT sessions that allowed me to ride in every row multiple times. It has it all. I liked the front seat the best and the wave turn over the brake run and the dive into the structure right before is my favorite part of the ride.

Well done CP and RMC you earned it!

Also thanks to the team who put in the hard work on this project!

There could be a coaster poll for one' s favorite part of SV.
First time I bought Fast Lane, it was necessary and worth it.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu May 02, 2019 2:49 am

coasterbill wrote:
A.J. wrote: That means that of everyone who filled out a ballot with Steel Vengeance on it, there were only a single-digit number of people that DIDN'T put it as their #1.

Sorry to screw up the even sweep but... you know... there was this blue thing across the park. :lol:

Same here. Steel Vengeance is great, but there's only one reason I'm going to Cedar Point-- to ride the FUTURE!!!

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu May 02, 2019 3:42 am

RollerManic wrote:
Intamin_coyote wrote:
coasterbill wrote:
A.J. wrote: That means that of everyone who filled out a ballot with Steel Vengeance on it, there were only a single-digit number of people that DIDN'T put it as their #1.

Sorry to screw up the even sweep but... you know... there was this blue thing across the park. :lol:

Corkscrew?

I’m thinking he means something he couldn’t rank anyway, the Skyride.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Try again. Blue and big. The biggest blue thing in the park.
Some might even say the future is still riding on it.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Thu May 02, 2019 3:53 am

chickenbowl wrote:One thing I'm confused by - Why is it that on the "Top 25 Overall" Wildfire places ahead Outlaw Run and I305 places ahead of GeForce, but when separated into "Top 25 Steel/Wood" these places become switched? Is there something different about the ranking algorithm that changes between Overall and Wood/Steel separated?

I already answered this.

The way the wood / steel polls work is that the other steel / wood coasters are completely removed from the poll as if they don't qualify, and THEN the results are re-calculated. This means that a wooden coaster which, in the combined poll, lost because people preferred many steel coasters over it, will suddenly jump in rank now that those steel coasters "don't count" anymore. Voyage jumped 63 (!) places because of this.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby bill_s » Thu May 02, 2019 4:44 am

I now have strange desire to go to SFA and marathon the second worst coaster in the entire world. Due to the clone rule, I moved all my SLC rankings up to tie with El Toro, but this is not the clone I did that for.

Postby thrillrider » Thu May 02, 2019 6:11 am

The only part of this poll that baffles me, is the worst wooden coasters.

Seriously....Zacks zoomer and little dipper made this list? I could think of a hundred other wooden coasters that should be on that list.
Zacks zoomer is a kiddy coaster in nowhere Michigan, that is basically a clone of the kiddy wooden coaster at kings island, dominion, and carowinds. It's in no way rough, and it runs just as good as the other clones of it(none of witch made the list). Confused on this one.

Little dipper at six flags? All I can say is seriously??? Out of all the bad wooden coasters in the world, this is one of the worst?
This is just my opinion, but kinda odd.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Thu May 02, 2019 6:14 am

Now taking requests!

What "top 10" lists do you want to see? I'm talking best B&Ms, best coasters themed to animals, best coasters in a specific region, etc...
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Thu May 02, 2019 6:19 am

Top 10 coasters for entries with less than 50 roller coasters ridden.
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu May 02, 2019 6:22 am

I'd be interested in top 10 lists for any major manufacturer (particularly GCI, CCI, and Gravity Group) and inverts.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Rainbow MagicLand & Gardaland

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!