Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: TPR 2018 Coaster Poll Results!

Wed May 01, 2019 4:07 pm

boldikus wrote:Can we all just take a moment to marvel at the absurdity of the fact that the coaster formerly known as Mean Streak is the #1 roller coaster on the planet? I mean...

Not only that, but Steel Vengeance got a preference rating of (ALMOST!!!) 100 percent. That means that of everyone who filled out a ballot with Steel Vengeance on it, there were only a single-digit number of people that DIDN'T put it as their #1.

Wed May 01, 2019 4:24 pm

^That's pretty impressive.

The whole list is great, thank you all for all the time you all put in to get this to work the way it did!

Wed May 01, 2019 4:40 pm

So... can we talk about Coaster Express @ Parque Warner Madrid? I've never heard of it until today but I am exploring the "worst" lists.

I know a few people here have to have ridden it. It does nothing but turn. Down the drop and it just turns and turns and turns and then it turns some more. And then some more. I'd kill to hear Robbs commentary while riding it ("And we are turning!!!.... and we are turning some more!!!! Ahhhhh!!")

RCDB says Intamin had something to do with it (construction?) and it even looks like it has the newer generation Intamin woodie trains. Just how awful is it? I'm totally intrigued.
Last edited by boldikus on Wed May 01, 2019 4:45 pm.

Wed May 01, 2019 4:45 pm

I have to admit that it was really great to be able to ride the top two steel coasters in the world with TPR many, many, many times last August at Cedar Point. I think I had 13 rides on Steel Vengeance and at least 7-8 on Maverick (it should have been more but I am getting old) during those ERT sessions. WOOT!!! Great poll, thanks for all the hard work.
Attachments
71DC2D2A-3483-4A34-AFAD-7691994D22F0.jpeg
I love this ride!

Wed May 01, 2019 4:51 pm

Wow I completely missed the fact that the top two steel coasters are literally a one minute walk from each other.

Wed May 01, 2019 4:54 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:Wow I completely missed the fact that the top two steel coasters are literally a one minute walk from each other.

Yes, more on that later. ;)

Wed May 01, 2019 5:00 pm

A.J. wrote: That means that of everyone who filled out a ballot with Steel Vengeance on it, there were only a single-digit number of people that DIDN'T put it as their #1.

Sorry to screw up the even sweep but... you know... there was this blue thing across the park. :lol:

Wed May 01, 2019 5:18 pm

And a RMC in Pigeon Forge that finally worked for me. :lol:

Wed May 01, 2019 5:56 pm

And I had Steel Vengeance #3 overall behind MF and GeForce.

Wed May 01, 2019 6:11 pm

Twisted Timbers did really well!!
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS