TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Germany Trip Planning Advice!

Which of the following parks would you visit?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following parks would you visit?

• Europa-Park
    • Movie Park
    • Holiday Park

Hey all! So, I’m planning a trip to Germany later this summer. . . It’s not a trip just for parks, but of course I’m going to squeeze some in. Phantasialand is already MUST... and I’ll have time for one other park, and I’m trying to decide which one to add in! Right now the options are:

- Europa-Park

- Movie Park

- Holiday Park

For those who have experienced these parks.... If you could only visit one which would it be, and why??

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IMhO, it's a no-brainer. Europa.

EDIT to add: Actually it's so much like a good Disney park. Where you can just walk around, and take in the atmosphere of where you are, in the park. And not even ride a ride! So much theming and landscaping is everywhere to be enjoyed!

And awesome RACLETTE, too!

1937126488_ResizeofI-09.jpg.3af46af315086cf02327b2361774d4a9.jpg

My last shot of Europa - outside the hotel - TPR 2008 Europe Tour.

Sorry, but this is kind of dumb...everyone is going to tell you Europa...and if they don't, you shouldn't listen to them!!!!

Also, Europa should be ABOVE Phantasialand in your priorities.

Thanks!! - I’m not overly familiar with Germany parks... so I didn’t know Europa park was that highly rated!! - Now I agree with you it’s kind of a dumb question in retrospect. But hey, in my defense, I didn’t know!

Thanks for the tip! I’ll for sure make it a priority! Can’t wait to check out the park!

Now don't count out Phantasialand Park! It's really an interesting park, especially with how they disguise and theme their larger attractions. A lot like Disney does, but with their thrill rides, too! The flume ride is one of The Best in Europe (IMhO) if not the world.

2136661293_ResizeofK-05.jpg.63d15fc6898fa094e36c808de6c52354.jpg

At PhantasiaLand, you might run into this guy,

like Jon and I did, back in the 2008 TPR Europe Tour.

I agree with everyone else that Europa is the best park in Germany. Phantasialand is incredible too, so you definitely picked the best two parks.

Now there may be one possibility to squeeze in Expedition GeForce. Holiday Park is open until 11 pm on Saturdays in the summer. Europa Park is only open until "at least" 6-8 pm in the summer. If you don't foresee a return trip to Germany any time soon and you have a car, I personally would consider the 1.5-2 hour drive to fit that coaster in.

Well, skip Movie Park from that list, if you have to choose between those. You have to do Europa Park, at least two days if you want to check out all the magic (wait for my trip report coming soon). Holiday Park is just around two hours away from Europa Park, directly at the highway. On a not so crowded day you only need around three hours do do everything (plus the time for the uncountable rerides on Expedition GeForce), so you maybe are able to squeeze that in the day you are driving to Europaprk or back.

Also close to these two is Tripsdrill, another hidden gem you should visit for some hours if you can manage that. Karacho for itself is well worth it.

And before Movie Park, it would do Phantasialand. It's around two hours north of Holiday Park and also directly accessible from the highway.

If you are visiting Holiday Park and want to meet up, we live only 40 minutes away and have season passes - maybe we can make it!