Ride Forces

A new app that tracks g forces on rides and coasters.
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Re: Ride Forces

Postby jlp94 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:36 pm

Hopefully you can get the Android version out soon, I'd love to get this app :(

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Edgar Allan Pooh » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:00 pm

Very cool! Just downloaded it. Although I really need some pockets with zippers so I can actually bring my phone on coasters to collect the data.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby JG-77 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:41 pm

Can someone take this thing on Skyrush? I wanna see if those -2 G rumors are true
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby Pedrinho » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:39 am

I know a bunch of people who would download an Android version on the spot ;)
Top: Wood: Beast|Mystic Timbers|Wodan|Twister|Phoenix; Dive: Valravn; Wing: Flug der Dämonen|GateKeeper; Launch: Top Thrill Dragster|Karacho; Floorless: Rougarou; Invert: Banshee|Raptor|Black Mamba; Bob: Flying Turns; <200ft: Expedition GeForce|Maverick; >200ft: Magnum XL-200; >300ft: Millennium Force; Mine: Colorado Adventure; Boomerang: Raik; Hybrid: Cyclone
Bucket List: Steel Vengeance|FLY|Formula Rossa|Blue Gemini|Colossos|Kennywood|Hersheypark

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:26 am

I just want to point out that those asking for an Android version, it's not something super easy like clicking a button to save as!

The reason apps are much easier for iOS is that there is ONE apple operating system (sure there are versions, but you just make it for the latest version and make people upgrade!). When it comes to developing, testing, and making an app work for an "Android phone" there are literally HUNDREDS of different ones and it's really hard to make the app work right on a lot of them.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby jlp94 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:52 am

^ Most android users I know (including myself) primarily use the Google play store so that would be the easiest place to post it to for the most downloads.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby Pedrinho » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:47 am

^
That has nothing to do with what Elissa said. Not every app is available on every phone. Most important may be working with 99% of all Android phones. But they have to be programmed for working with different phones and UIs
Top: Wood: Beast|Mystic Timbers|Wodan|Twister|Phoenix; Dive: Valravn; Wing: Flug der Dämonen|GateKeeper; Launch: Top Thrill Dragster|Karacho; Floorless: Rougarou; Invert: Banshee|Raptor|Black Mamba; Bob: Flying Turns; <200ft: Expedition GeForce|Maverick; >200ft: Magnum XL-200; >300ft: Millennium Force; Mine: Colorado Adventure; Boomerang: Raik; Hybrid: Cyclone
Bucket List: Steel Vengeance|FLY|Formula Rossa|Blue Gemini|Colossos|Kennywood|Hersheypark

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby Sluggo77 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:02 pm

Apple has stricter rules to get an app approved as well which aids in them working better across Apple devices. Can’t wait to try this out. Great idea!

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby tndank » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:14 pm

Cool app. Can't wait to see results from users being posted here.

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby coasterlvr » Thu May 09, 2019 8:55 pm

i did a few rides today at SFMM. i used my apple watch. but the app crashes every time i try to open the saved ride. but, here are some screen shots from twisted colossus. the app seems to really work great.

check out all the ejector!

fullsizeoutput_413e.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_413f.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_4140.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_4141.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_4142.jpeg

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!