Kings Island Opening Weekend, 2019

Pics of the improved International Street and Antique Cars
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can I park my donkey here?

Re: Kings Island Opening Weekend, 2019

Postby dmh1079 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:21 am

Thanks for the nice trip report!

My son and I got into the line a little further back from you (between the restaurant and Diamondback's entrance). We looked at the line and said f*** it, knowing that it would be a long wait and we may or may not get a T-shirt anyway. We went and rode The Beast on the last non-T-shirt ride. I'm kind of glad we didn't wait if it would have been 2+ hours.
Top Ten: El Toro, Steel Vengeance, Intimidator 305, X2, Voyage, GhostRider, Fury 325, Iron Rattler, Maverick, Millennium Force

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:37 am

Great report! Glad you enjoyed the food despite the time it took to get it. Yeah, the locals love all of the nostalgia KI is bringing back this year, so that's even more focus and attention the park is getting ontop of their regular visitors! Ever since Mystic Timbers was announced, there's this extra 'buzz' in Cincinnati about the park. It seems like it's more popular than I can ever remember!
{1991} Chicago guy. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:25 pm

Great report...love the new addition and renovations!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Gregorio1 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:52 am

kenban wrote:... I believe kinda like the fountain the work is not done yet. Not sure how much work is left but I have heard the fountain will not be fully operational until Memorial Day weekend. Which is also when the new fireworks show debuts, they are still doing the show from last year.

To add to this, I too have read elsewhere (and I believe confirmed by the park) that things are supposed to be much more substantial with the fountain by Memorial Day, in terms of water flow, patterns, colors, synched to music, etc. It isn't fully completed yet, but they opted to have them at least on for opening day. But it sounds like much more is to come.

In regards to the beer stein, it isn't new but they did rehab it in the off season!
https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2019/april/international-street-stein-refurbished-for-2019-season

The park is looking great! It's been a few years since I have made it, I might be due for a trip.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Intamin_coyote » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:35 pm

Awesome!

Thank you for sharing.

I'm glad you ended up getting the Beast shirt. You really earned it!

The tiques, Glokenspiel, and everyother update/touchups are looking great, and I think they'll look even better once the sunnier weather comes.

(But as a side note, I would be lying if I said I'm not going to miss the pedestals :( . The pool really does look quite different without them) But then again, I guess I'll just wait and see what these new fountains have in store as the season goes on.

Postby coasterbill » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:54 am

Great report! That shirt line is insane.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:01 pm

Great report. The park looks great!
Glad to see you succeeded in getting your t-shirt.
And that Impossible Burger looks GI-normous! :smile:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby diamondzznspurs » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:52 pm

My one question, does everyone think the best row is row 1? I used to think that until someone told me to try a magical row towards the back, now I won't ride any other row!! My husband still likes one but I head towards the back. We got our shirts as well, also waited in the rain and were drenched, we got lucky though as we were train 3 after 10, it was quite the experience.
Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Maverucj 3. Beast 4. Millennium Force 5. Mystic Timbers 6. Top Thrill dragster 7. Valravyn 8. Gatekeeper 9. Banshee 10. Diamondback

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:41 pm

I'm always proud to see one of my TRs make the front page. Thank you Robb and/or mods for adding this update to the email and the front page!
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!