New lighted coaster wheels.

Coaster wheels that light up.
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: New lighted coaster wheels.

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:05 am

Yeah I've seen those on Tatsu in person several times since they were installed. They look great. Although in terms of that video, I was more impressed with some of those cool drone shots of Tatsu! There were some angles in there you never get to see!
Steel: 176 / Wood: 32 / Total: 208
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Yubstep101 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:24 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:^ Only thing with the inverts is that the B&M ones tend to have wheel covers but I guess you could run them without the covers?

Actually, you do have a good point. I forgot that they do have wheel covers. Come to think of it, something like Fury 325 would benefit greatly from them.
Top 10: 1. Fury 325 2. Steel Vengance 3. El Toro 4. Intimidator 305 5. Lightning Rod 6. Twisted Timbers 7. Wicked Cyclone 8. X2 9. Millennium Force 10. Twisted Colossus

Coaster Count: 243

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby palmerleeberry » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:55 am

That is sooooo cool! Imagine them on a dark coaster ride.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby JG-77 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:50 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:^ Only thing with the inverts is that the B&M ones tend to have wheel covers but I guess you could run them without the covers?

Batman @ SFGAm was running without the covers when I was there last summer, but IDK if that's normal
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

Postby thrillrider » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:24 pm

I love the way it lights up the structure as the train passes.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:19 pm

Amazing!!! I would love to see them on a coaster like Millennium Force!!
Bigger is not always better.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby sdcfan88 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:11 am

That would look really cool with Orange & Yellow LED's on the wheels of Wildfire at SDC. Considering that coasters 20th anniversary at the park is coming up, it would be a cool little way to commemorate it.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Pedrinho » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:50 am

I'm not sure about this. The right colour on the right coaster may look good. But I also like the pitch blackness of some rides (Magnum, Millennium Force, GeForce) at night, which would be destroyed by the lights.
Top: Wood: Beast|Mystic Timbers|Wodan|Twister|Phoenix; Dive: Valravn; Wing: Flug der Dämonen|GateKeeper; Launch: Top Thrill Dragster|Karacho; Floorless: Rougarou; Invert: Banshee|Raptor|Monster; Bob: Flying Turns; <200ft: Expedition GeForce|Maverick; >200ft: Magnum XL-200; >300ft: Millennium Force; Mine: Colorado Adventure; Boomerang: Raik; Hybrid: Cyclone
Bucket List: Steel Vengeance|FLY|Formula Rossa|Blue Gemini|Colossos|Kennywood|Hersheypark

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:41 am

Uremet has been teasing this wheel tech at IAAPA for years so it is neat to finally see it in use... I'm curious to see if parks will add them to existing coasters or simply get them for new coasters where lighting is of importance. Hollywood Dream in Universal Studios Japan seems like a great candidate where this could be add to the train's existing lighting.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I donut like this custom title :(

Postby yay101 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:35 am

I think it's really cool but it might not be necessary for a lot of rides. For instance any ride where the wheels are covered obviously should not get them. But I don't think the park would invest in that for a ride like that to begin with. It would be great for Intamin coasters. I think to complement it though, and this is just my opinion, but the trains with the wheels should also be lit up so it isn't just the wheels, if that makes sense.
Favourite Coaster: Steel Vengeance
Other Favourites: SkyRush, Storm Chaser, Lightning Run, Magnum XL-200, Voyage, Apollo's Chariot, Phoenix, Outlaw Run, and Storm Runner

Obsessed with S&S Screamin Swings

If Magnum XL-200 dies we riot

Hello Kitty is not a cat. Hello Kitty is god. You exist only at Hello Kitty's pleasure. Crawl like drugged roaches before her splendor

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!