TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Swimming at Disney World

What are your favorite lap pools (or pools decent enough to swim some laps in) in Disney World? Obviously you would need to swim early in the morning when it's quiet but that's not a problem. My parents have a DVC membership they are going to let us use so I am most interested in staying at a DVC resort. It looks like the only Disney Hotel with a lap pool is Coronado Springs. The Dolphin & Swan which are on Disney property also appear to have lap pools. While those three might be options for us to pay out of pocket, they don't work with my parents DVC membership. They have priority at Animal Kingdom.

Lets go ahead and list out the lap quality of any of the Disney area pools you have stayed at since I'm pretty limited in my (actually pretty awesome) choices but I could see this thread being useful for anyone else planning a trip. While I've looked at Disney boards in the past for this information, no one else quite understands lap swimming like other Master's Swimmers.

Typically, I wouldn't care so much about getting swimming in during a fun filled, active vacation like this but I am planning to do a 10K swim next summer and I really don't want to let my time in the pool drop below 10,000 yards even on an off week next spring. I will plan an off week around this trip, so it doesn't affect things too much. 10,000 yards would be like spending 45 minutes in the pool 4 times.

My husband keeps joking I should just swim in Lake Buena Vista and race the alligators (yes, we both know it's not only not allowed but unsafe)

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not know about any lap swimming at Disney other than what you've already mentioned. Coronado/Swan/Dolphin, but I do know that you can get a Free 1 day guest pass at the YMCA Aquatics Center on I-Drive. This would be roughly 15 minutes from any Disney hotel. It's an excellent facility.

https://ymcacentralflorida.com/onedaypass/

Advent Health in Celebration also offers a Trial membership for 3 days for a heated indoor pool, probably has more hoops to jump through:

https://www.adventhealth.com/wellness-centers/adventhealth-wellness-center-celebration/form/3-day-experience-pass

Good luck!

Is that YMCA pool still open to Allure "resort" and Metropolitan "resort" (sorry I mean, Rodeway Inn) guests since the hotels like to pretend that they have a pool but they just use that one? If so, I'm surprised to hear that the YMCA itself is actually a nice facility. That is the shadiest complex ever with the shadiest people ever. Someone should buy both of those places and burn them to the ground.

It's been like 7 or 8 years since I've stayed there and I still have PTSD.