Best Amusement Park?

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Best Amusement Park?

Postby Kidbooo » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:10 am

Hello everyone,,
My bf and I are looking to go to an amusement park at the latter end of this week. I realllllly want to go back to Busch gardens Williamsburg and he wants to go to Six Flag New Jersey (which he has already been too as well!), but is open to anything other than Busch Gardens. We are located in Washington D.C. and would not mind traveling a couple of hours to reach our destination. Are there any parks that you all recommend? If you are a supporter of Busch Gardens Williamsburg, what are some great selling points?

Thank you in advance!!!
Last edited by Hhappy on Thu May 02, 2019 1:44 am.
Reason: removed some not wanted links from the post

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Re: Best Amusement Park?

Postby Mike240SX » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:14 am

If you can delay the trip a week, Kings Dominion (they open on the 30th). Intimidator (enough said), Twisted Timbers (enough said), Avalanche (only remaining of its kind in the US), Dominator (regarded by some -not me - to be the best B&M floorless) and a bunch of other great coasters and flats.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 134
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby Lemur » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:20 am

Kidbooo wrote:Hello everyone,,
My bf and I are looking to go to an amusement park at the latter end of this week. I realllllly want to go back to Busch gardens Williamsburg and he wants to go to Six Flag New Jersey (which he has already been too as well!), but is open to anything other than Busch Gardens. We are located in Washington D.C. and would not mind traveling a couple of hours to reach our destination. Are there any parks that you all recommend? If you are a supporter of Busch Gardens Williamsburg, what are some great selling points?

Thank you in advance!!!

Six Flags Great Adventure in NJ doesn't open until April 6th. So you'd be SOL for the latter end of this week.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:24 am

edit: ^beat me

Hate to break it to ya but Six Flags Great Adventure doesn't open until April 6th. So if you're trying to go this weekend that's out.

Busch is a really nice park as you know since you've been there, and they will be open this weekend. Kings Dominion also opens this weekend and if neither of you have been there, I would recommend it. Its an hour and a half from you. You're kind of out of options other than those two as any other large parks in this area are closed until April.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:32 am

Busch is your only option (unless you want to drive 7.5 hours to Dollywood), though Kings Dominion is open on Sunday for passholders only.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:18 am

^ Whoops. :lol:

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!