TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best Amusement Park?

Hello everyone,,

My bf and I are looking to go to an amusement park at the latter end of this week. I realllllly want to go back to Busch gardens Williamsburg and he wants to go to Six Flag New Jersey (which he has already been too as well!), but is open to anything other than Busch Gardens. We are located in Washington D.C. and would not mind traveling a couple of hours to reach our destination. Are there any parks that you all recommend? If you are a supporter of Busch Gardens Williamsburg, what are some great selling points?

Thank you in advance!!!

Edited by Hhappy

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can delay the trip a week, Kings Dominion (they open on the 30th). Intimidator (enough said), Twisted Timbers (enough said), Avalanche (only remaining of its kind in the US), Dominator (regarded by some -not me - to be the best B&M floorless) and a bunch of other great coasters and flats.

Hello everyone,,

My bf and I are looking to go to an amusement park at the latter end of this week. I realllllly want to go back to Busch gardens Williamsburg and he wants to go to Six Flag New Jersey (which he has already been too as well!), but is open to anything other than Busch Gardens. We are located in Washington D.C. and would not mind traveling a couple of hours to reach our destination. Are there any parks that you all recommend? If you are a supporter of Busch Gardens Williamsburg, what are some great selling points?

Thank you in advance!!!

Six Flags Great Adventure in NJ doesn't open until April 6th. So you'd be SOL for the latter end of this week.

edit: ^beat me

Hate to break it to ya but Six Flags Great Adventure doesn't open until April 6th. So if you're trying to go this weekend that's out.

Busch is a really nice park as you know since you've been there, and they will be open this weekend. Kings Dominion also opens this weekend and if neither of you have been there, I would recommend it. Its an hour and a half from you. You're kind of out of options other than those two as any other large parks in this area are closed until April.