TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

"Nostalgia Night" for adults at Story Land

This is such a fun idea. Story Land (a fairytail themed family/kids park in New Hampshire) is holding a Nostalgia Night this June. For one night they're sending the kids home at 6, and letting everyone 21 and over relive their memories at the park. Yes, it looks like there will be beer, too.

https://www.facebook.com/events/384041649089054/

I remember going to Story Land ages ago, and I love that they're doing this; I'm definitely going to be checking it out.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love when the Boston's Children's Museum and the Legoland Discovery Centers hold adult nights. It makes the visits a whole lot less awkward.

I think the most unique thing about this is how it takes place from 6-10. Since Story Land closes at 5 or 6 everyday, I can't recall them ever being open past sunset. It'll be weird being there in the evening.

This is like what Playland(PNE) started to do a few years ago, with having a (for us here) Playland Nights19+ during July. With beer and alcohol cocktails, all of the rides available, except the kids' ones (too small for adults at any time, lol). I went the first year they did one night only, to test it out, and it was fun, but very crowded. Now they do a whole month of Fridays for it, which spreads the crowds up.

Hope this works out for Story Land, that it's successful enough to do it, every year.

PlaylandNights-A.jpg.61744ffb5e7d9bae398c3125056b1b01.jpg

How they advertised multiple Fridays back in 2017. With AXE THROWING, yes indeed!

I just noticed all rides will be closing at 8:30 pm due to sunset.

I missed that part, but there are only a few rides that are really worth going out of the way for as an adult; as long as the crowds are reasonable, it shouldn't be too hard to get them in. For $17, it'll definitely be worth a shot, anyway.

Well...I guess it was a popular idea.

Screenshot_20190315-145754.thumb.jpg.c0ea3cb0066bb264c0c122f909ec6fd8.jpg

Unfortunately I was stuck working in a server closet when they went up for sale, so...not happening this year for me. Hopefully someone here can get some pics!

^ This is exactly the way Playland did it, the first time round. One night only, and the sellout was immediate. And the crowds were HUGE for that one evening. So they added a month of Fridays the following year, which I guess is working out better for them.