Clementon adding a coaster and 3 rides for 2019

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Clementon adding a coaster and 3 rides for 2019

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:12 pm

It's certainly not a cheap park to visit at $45 admission plus parking. The one time I visited was very empty, but I remember you commenting it's usually busier.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Gardaland & Mirabilandia

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:21 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:It's certainly not a cheap park to visit at $45 admission plus parking. The one time I visited was very empty, but I remember you commenting it's usually busier.

Reasonable season pass prices create massive crowds at the water park all summer, but the ride side is usually very slow the first few hours
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Postby cal1br3tto » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:58 pm

Cool for them. It's a park I can definitely see myself NOT ever visiting again, but that's just me. (Well, not just me among enthusiasts, but you know what I mean, lol.)
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby palmerleeberry » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:55 pm

^I went to this park way back in the year 2011 and I just wasn't that impressed. It could be that the park was way crowded on the day I visited, or the fact their log flume wasn't running that day, or they only had one coaster that was too rough for me, or it could be the fact that I tried to get on their spinning balloon ride and they wouldn't let me (I went to Dorney Park on the next day and I got to ride their spinning balloon at Planet Snoopy.). I felt this park could use more rides. Well, they're getting it, but I still have no plans on returning to this park anytime soon. However, I'll go to Hersheypark and to Busch Gardens Williamsburg this year.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:01 pm

On the heels of an odd story last weekend where Clementon Park was closed for Guest Appreciation Day (Link), Screamscape did some digging and there's a rumor Clementon Park has closed.

While there's no official word or statement from the park, the park has suddenly deleted their Facebook and Instagram accounts. This is on top of Clementon ending their season early.

If this is true, I'm not too surprised. I visited on a sunny summer weekend two years ago and it was deserted. It was also ridiculously overpriced at $45 per person plus $20 to park. I did see the website (still up) having tickets priced at $20 for this year.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:38 am

^Maybe they were appreciating their guests by not making them go to Clementon! =) Interesting though...

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:14 am

:lol:

There aren't many parks I actively hate, but this is a rare exception.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:58 am

Even though this park has been within a 10 minute drive for me the last 6 years or so, I could never bring myself up to actually going there knowing its reputation. TBH, there are much better uses for that land.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:09 am

Great Adventure, Sesame Place and Clementon are all within an hours drive from my house and out of the three Clementon is technically the closest mileage-wise. Its about a 40 minute drive vs 45 mins for Sesame or 55 mins for Great Adv.

Still, I could never bring myself to go over there thanks to that ridiculous gate price, all the negative reviews of that coaster and the park overall. No regrets.

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby palmerleeberry » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:24 am

Usually it's a sad day in the amusement park world when a park is closed with no word on when it will open, but I don't feel that way with Clementon Park, especially when they added four new rides this year. Perhaps the only hope that park has left is that someone else would buy it, fix it up, add a ton of new stuff, and run that park much better than before. Otherwise, all those rides would need to find new homes.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!