Europe trip planning

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Europe trip planning

Postby AndrewA86 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:13 am

Hey all I have the option to tag along with my uncle to Milan from June 23-28. I’m wondering what kind of trip I can make out of that. I don’t know if I will have time on the 23rd or 28th to do anything, so for now I’m just planning for the full days I will be in Europe. I don’t have to worry about my flights, and I have a place to stay in Milan if I want. But anything else I have to take care of myself.

Little bit about me and my tastes, I’m definitely a coaster enthusiast looking for the biggest thrills and not necessarily the nicest or most themed park.

I don’t really know anything about European parks. I’m not against spending money as long as I am getting value for what I’m paying for. So staying at an on site/ nice hotel and getting skip the line passes is something I regularly do.

Alright, looking forward to reading some suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Admin

Re: Europe trip planning

Postby SharkTums » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:26 am

How much are you willing to travel? How many nights are you willing to pay for not in Milan? Are you looking for day trips only or overnights? Willing to fly or wanting to just take trains? Staying in Italy or leaving the country?

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:26 am

Well, the closest good/big parks are probably the Lake Garda ones of Gardaland and Movieland Park. Otherwise, you could fly within Europe and go to Germany (Cologne is an obvious one with Phantasialand and Movie Park), Stuttgart (Tripsdrill, Holiday Park, and Skyline being closeish by), and Vienna (Prater) would probably be cheapest. Milan itself though is no hot spot.

Postby AndrewA86 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:40 am

SharkTums wrote:How much are you willing to travel? How many nights are you willing to pay for not in Milan? Are you looking for day trips only or overnights? Willing to fly or wanting to just take trains? Staying in Italy or leaving the country?

I don’t want to have to fly anywhere else. Other than that I have no limitations.

Postby AndrewA86 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:42 am

DirkFunk wrote:Well, the closest good/big parks are probably the Lake Garda ones of Gardaland and Movieland Park. Otherwise, you could fly within Europe and go to Germany (Cologne is an obvious one with Phantasialand and Movie Park), Stuttgart (Tripsdrill, Holiday Park, and Skyline being closeish by), and Vienna (Prater) would probably be cheapest. Milan itself though is no hot spot.

It’s too far to drive to Germany?

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:59 am

^I think we were all just really confused by your post. We assumed you wanted the free flight and free place to stay and a free trip to Europe with some side parks where you could get easily.

If you're not really 'tagging along with your Uncle' and ditching him as soon as you get to Milan, sure, rent a car and drive all over Europe and meet back with him for the free flight back!

Postby AndrewA86 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:05 am

Sorry for the confusion. I’m tagging along for the flight there and back home. My intention is to go off on my own with my GF and drive to wherever or take a train to wherever. Whatever is better. If you were me what would you do?

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:21 am

AndrewA86 wrote:It’s too far to drive to Germany?

If you want to drive 5 hours to Europa or 7ish to Tripsdrill/Skyline/Holiday Park, be my guest. You'll need to make sure the car is kosher to drive throughout the EU and buy a permit to use freeways in Switzerland and Austria each once you cross the respective borders. Personally if it was me, I'd go to Lake Garda for my parks and enjoy the fact that northern Italy is preposterously gorgeous. Maybe drive into Switzerland and Liechtenstein using local roads since that's the best driving in the entire world. LOL I wouldn't waste my time at Skyline vs. driving around multi-thousand foot cliffs and castles and s#it.

Postby AndrewA86 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:59 pm

DirkFunk wrote:
AndrewA86 wrote: Personally if it was me, I'd go to Lake Garda for my parks and enjoy the fact that northern Italy is preposterously gorgeous. Maybe drive into Switzerland and Liechtenstein using local roads since that's the best driving in the entire world. LOL I wouldn't waste my time at Skyline vs. driving around multi-thousand foot cliffs and castles and s#it.

After discussing it with the GF we're just going to stay local. We'll go to Gardaland so I can get my roller coaster fix, she wants to spend a day in Milan shopping, and I think the rest of the time we will just check out Lake Garda.

After doing a little research I don't feel like I have enough time to visit the German parks and do it the right way. So hopefully I will have another chance..

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby Bedholm » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:56 am

I'd consider while in Italy trying to head further east from Lake Garda to Mirabilandia. Katun and iSpeed are both truly incredible rides. It's about 2-3 hours from Lake Garda so it might be a but much though.
Top 10 Steel: 1. Expedition GeForce 2. Skyrush 3. Taron 4. Helix 5. Piraten 6. Intimidator 305 7. Steel Vengeance 8. Hyperion 9. Maverick 10. Twisted Colossus
Top 5 Wood: 1. El Toro 2. Voyage 3. Wildifre 4. Phoenix 5. Lightning Rod 6. Rampage 7. Balder 8. Renegade 9. Timber Terror 10. Tremors
Coaster Count: 946

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!