My Spring Break 2019 Trip Planning Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Re: My Spring Break 2019 Trip Planning Thread

Postby A.J. » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:14 am

Single-rider on Test Track can still be pretty long. I think the last time I was there it was pushing an hour.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:35 am

coasterbill wrote:Cheer up. Maybe you'll get lucky and it'll only be 120 minutes. :lol:

In all seriousness if you reserve Navi River Journey for one person and try to modify it constantly in the days leading up to your trip you might get it but not only do you need to get it but you need to get it for very specific times so the odds aren't in your favor.

I agree that making Epcot the full day park for a bunch of broke high school kids who don't have the money for fine dining and are too young to drink is an odd choice. Maybe the adults who are running this operation threw themselves a bone and did it selfishly. I mean... I would have if I were them. :lol:

I kinda understand the full day at EPCOT.

High School Kids, exposing them to all the culture in the World Showcase.

if you're watching the movies/seeing the performances, going into each pavilion, and even just browsing in the shops? yeah, it can be a learning experience.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby jlp94 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:54 am

Okay everyone, the Fastpasses went up today for Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. At Animal Kingdom, the three rides I'm choosing are Navi River Journey, Expedition Everest and Primeval Whirl (I'm a credit whore)

At Hollywood Studios, I'm already going to choose Rock n Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror, but what should that third ride be?

Slinky Dog Dash and Flight of Passage have already been sold out.

Postby coasterbill » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:27 am

Toy Story Mania

... and you should cancel the wild mouse and reserve Kilimanjaro Safaris but I know you won’t. :lol:

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby dmh1079 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:53 am

Skip Fun Spot Atlanta. Disclaimer: I'm not a credit counter. Seriously, SFOG has some good rides and I wouldn't take time away from this park for one lousy kid's coaster at Fun Spot. Maximize your time at SFOG that day.

Busch Gardens, you've probably been told already, but ride Cheetah Hunt and Cobra's Curse first as they will get the longest lines.

Postby coasterbill » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:14 am

dmh1079 wrote:I wouldn't take time away from this park for one lousy kid's coaster at Fun Spot

Hey! It's not a lousy lousy kid coaster it's a lousy adult coaster. Get it right. :lol:

Seriously though... that coaster is terrible.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:01 pm

I actually liked Screamin' Eagle at Fun Spot. It's not the smoothest ride, but it had 1-2 very strong pops of airtime. That being said, I wouldn't sacrifice time at SFOG for it.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

Postby bert425 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:07 pm

coasterbill wrote:
dmh1079 wrote:I wouldn't take time away from this park for one lousy kid's coaster at Fun Spot

Hey! It's not a lousy lousy kid coaster it's a lousy adult coaster. Get it right. :lol:

Seriously though... that coaster is terrible.

we had a blast on it when there (tho to be fair, was with a TPR group, so it was gonna be fun regardless). . those hairpin turns as it progresses were a mix of pain and howls of laughter.

the Mini Golf there looked really nice, as did the bumper boats - tho the big race car track was just being built when I was there.

I'd absolutely go back, and plan to when I'm in town for Dragon*con over Labor Day weekend.

so yeah.. . .agreed its not a MUST do, but I enjoyed my time there.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby jlp94 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:47 pm

coasterbill wrote:Toy Story Mania

... and you should cancel the wild mouse and reserve Kilimanjaro Safaris but I know you won’t. :lol:

I haven't officially reserved the lines yet, but how long do the lines for Primeval Whirl usually get standby?

Edit - I think that just to benefit the rest of the group, Kilimanjaro Safaris would be the smart option.

dmh1079 wrote:Skip Fun Spot Atlanta. Disclaimer: I'm not a credit counter. Seriously, SFOG has some good rides and I wouldn't take time away from this park for one lousy kid's coaster at Fun Spot. Maximize your time at SFOG that day.

Busch Gardens, you've probably been told already, but ride Cheetah Hunt and Cobra's Curse first as they will get the longest lines.

I'm trying to get to 200 on Outlaw Run, and without it, after my Branson trip, I'd be at 199. So as much as it might not be a great ride, it'll pay off in the end.

Postby jlp94 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:58 pm

Double post, but I found out that for pre-park reservations, it's three fast passes per day. I haven't had any say in the matter unfortunately, but the group leader has chosen Everest, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror for the three reservations (they don't want to ride Navi, sadly :( ) Then the rest will be reserved at the park itself.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!