The 2018 TPR Coaster Poll

Submit your ballot TODAY!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Re: The 2018 TPR Coaster Poll is now OPEN!

Postby Garet » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:37 am

How many copies does a ride need before it counts as a clone? Most rides I've ridden don't make the final poll numbers due to being in Korea/Japan. Just wondering if Draken will be grouped with Griffon (I think Sheikra and Oblivion are similar in having a single clone each) or does the fact this has a different train to Griffon have an effect on it being counted as a clone?

I only have about 70 coasters to my name so it sits just outside my top ten (mainly thanks to some friends who took me to Cedar Point on a visit out to them) and would look strange way above Griffon/Sheikra.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:12 pm

At this time, we will be grouping any coaster layout that has three identical (or near-identical) installations or more. This is subject to change and we'll be reviewing everything before the results go up in March.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:43 pm

I'll double-post here to preemptively answer some questions -

JG-77 wrote:Quick question: Is there a way to search a coaster's position in the final results from last year? For example, if I wanted to find Joker's Jinx's position (random example, I don't actually care about JJ's position) on the list, how would I do that without having to manually go through each page and seeing if its name is there?

Interesting feature request, we'll look into it later down the line.

Also unrelated: How many riders were needed for a coaster to be given an unofficial predicted ranking?

Currently the cutoff is twelve (12) riders. Any coaster that has less than twelve people that have marked it as "ridden" is given a provisional ranking, marked by an asterisk (*) in the results. Same as before, this is subject to change and will be reviewed prior to the results becoming official.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby JG-77 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:56 pm

^Oh lol, I was literally just about the repost those questions here :lol:
Thanks for the answers.

Do you think for the future there could be a way to see how many riders each coaster had? Particularly those with the *?

Also to repost a bug first brought up by Garet: Several pages on the 2017 combined and steel lists return error 500 messages. Is this a known error?
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:56 pm

coasterbill wrote:Ah damn, Green Lantern First Flight is still on the list so I can't rank X2 as the absolute worst coaster ever quite yet. :lol:

Not that anyone cares but uh... disregard this. After almost two decades of hating this thing I may have seen the light. :lol:

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:25 pm

:wtf: How much beer did you have before your ride?
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Waldameer & Canada's Wonderland

Postby coasterbill » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:32 pm

:lol: Only a few. I never intended to ride it but every single ride was a walk-on and curiosity got the best of me.

It's not like I love the thing now. I immediately went to the store and got some Aleve when I got off (seriously) but every other time I rode it I was assigned the back row and sat in the outside seat. This time I could pick my seat and I sat further up on the inside since Brit happily bailed and I was riding solo. It's incredibly rough but it didn't deliver the same merciless beating that I was used to so I could appreciate that while it's absolutely brutal it's also insanely cool.

Basically I went from hating the ride to being confused by the ride. I don't know how to feel about it. It's not something I would ride more than once a day but I don't really think I hate it either and a sick part of me wants to ride it again. It's so f*cked up.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby joelwee » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:10 pm

coasterbill wrote::lol: Only a few. I never intended to ride it but every single ride was a walk-on and curiosity got the best of me.

It's not like I love the thing now. I immediately went to the store and got some Aleve when I got off (seriously) but every other time I rode it I was assigned the back row and sat in the outside seat. This time I could pick my seat and I sat further up on the inside since Brit happily bailed and I was riding solo. It's incredibly rough but it didn't deliver the same merciless beating that I was used to so I could appreciate that while it's absolutely brutal it's also insanely cool.

Basically I went from hating the ride to being confused by the ride. I don't know how to feel about it. It's not something I would ride more than once a day but I don't really think I hate it either and a sick part of me wants to ride it again. It's so f*cked up.

The side you sit on will also affect your ride. The "right" side (closest to Viper when you board the train) is jerkier than the other side. There are weird bumps in the track that cause the seats on that side to jerk back and forth at various points, but the other side doesn't have that issue.
Seat, don't fail me now!

Postby coasterbill » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:07 am

I had always sat on the Viper side in the last row, this time I moved up and switched sides so that explains it. :lol:

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby joelwee » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:12 am

^ Oh yeah, last row on the Viper side is arguably the worst seat on that ride. :lol: The middle rows on the opposite side give the smoothest ride. Last row on the entry-gate side is a lot of fun; you just have to know when to brace for headbanging - which is basically the last two inversions and the last raven turn.
Seat, don't fail me now!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!