Taylor's Japan Adventures 2018

Day 10: Nagashima Spa Land, Hakugei, and Kirin City
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Taylor's Japan Adventures 2018

Postby bert425 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:32 pm

your TR continues to enthrall and amaze me.

*loving* the pics and "tour" of Nagashima SpaLand. . what a park! I think Elissa said above it's like a Japanese version of Cedar Point, and I agree. . but I see some Kenobel's quality classic rides there too!

looks like y'all had a gorgeous day to enjoy it too.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Taylor Finn » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:26 pm

SharkTums wrote:Just getting caught up...

The log flume was closed at Hirakata because it actually had damage from the earthquake a few days prior! Props to the rest of the park for getting everything open and running when Hirakata was VERY close to the epicenter of the strong quake.

Nagashima is a ridiculous Japanese version of CP and getting the RMC just makes it even funnier!

The vending machine prices annoy me so much!!! How is it just fine and it works awesome in Japan, but in the US Six Flags and Cedar Fair will charge me $5 for a medium soda with mostly ice!?!

Oh! That’s a shame! I did get to ride what is likely now my favorite log flume (sans Disney/Universal) later on in the trip (foreshadowing).

And yeah... I really do agree. It’s probably my favorite park besides Disney in Japan!

805Andrew wrote:
Let us know how that is. I hadn't heard of that box before but I just signed up for six months of Tokyo Treat's premium boxes which include a drink as well as snacks and candy. I compared the past Tokyo Treat and Japan Crate boxes that were sent out and Tokyo Treat looked like it had the better drink choices overall and Japan Crate looked like it was sending out a lot of snacks that I could get at Asian grocery stores in the LA or Bay Area so I went with Tokyo

I didn't miss American food at all when I was in Japan and stuck mostly to Japanese and other Asian cuisines or whatever foods Japanese in general were good at (they do French pastries really well). If I went to an American fast food chain like McDs or KFC (which I did a few times) I only got the menu items I couldn't get at their US locations. With yakitori and the various forms of Japanese BBQ I have no desire to try American style BBQ in Japan but it looks like you learned your lesson. Great report by the way.

I’ll probably incorporate it into a report eventually! This comes with a tea pairing and I’m a big sucker for hot tea.

And yeah, it was probably one of the only American meals I had. And it was quite good. Just a rip off and ultimately none of it really stayed down anyway.

bert425 wrote:your TR continues to enthrall and amaze me.

*loving* the pics and "tour" of Nagashima SpaLand. . what a park! I think Elissa said above it's like a Japanese version of Cedar Point, and I agree. . but I see some Kenobel's quality classic rides there too!

looks like y'all had a gorgeous day to enjoy it too.

I’m glad you’re enjoying it so much, I love to hear the positive feedback! They did have a modern Looper, so I guess that’s similar to Knoebels.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:13 am

I'm taking lots of notes for Osaka and Kyoto since those are two cities we've never been to that we'll be visiting early next month! Thank you for these great continued updates!
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby sszy12 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:48 am

Awesome report so far Taylor, so many great memories! Here is a picture of the underwhelming Dinosaur Plate from the BBQ place! Very good but not a lot of food for 4 hungry Americans.
20180622_211500 (1).jpg
Dinosaur Plate!
20180622_211500 (1).jpg
Dinosaur Plate!

Postby jynx242 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:28 am

Completely enjoying your Trip Report and your perspective on Japan! Japan is on my bucket list so it's always great to see it from other peoples perspectives.

Thanks for posting.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:42 pm

Great trip report! And ^ Japan should be on everybody's Bucket List. :wink:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I'll drink donkey urine before I'll drink a Pepsi.

Postby SteVeUrkle » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:07 pm

SharkTums wrote:The vending machine prices annoy me so much!!! How is it just fine and it works awesome in Japan, but in the US Six Flags and Cedar Fair will charge me $5 for a medium soda with mostly ice!?!

Does anyone understand this sentence?
Live Cedar Point Queue Times: https://queue-times.com/parks/50/queue_times

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:39 am

^Yup.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:43 am

Great report of Nagashima! I love the rest area, so thoughtful. And people actually using it for its intended purpose too. Japan is wonderful.

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!