Taylor's Coaster (and Food) Adventures

Fun Spot Kissimmee and Busch Gardens Tampa
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Re: Taylor's Coaster (and Food) Adventures

Postby Taylor Finn » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:39 am

Canobie Coaster wrote: This is the motto of all the credit whores out there, so what does it matter if it's a slide? :lol:

Yeppp. I felt even better when a father walked his kid up the steps and turned around. TOO KIDDIE FOR ME HE THINKS.

coneyislandchris wrote:Agreed, great report Taylor! Echoes a lot of our own experiences from the weekend. My only complaint is even with the whole weekend from Friday night onward it still felt like there just wasn't enough time to experience everything that we wanted to do. We never got a chance to spend some time in the Fascination parlor, for example, and we didn't get a chance to check out the Scenic Skyway or train rides either. Guess this just means we need to go back again real soon! :)

Thanks for reading! It is just impressive how much there is to do. We really didn't wait in many long lines at all (Flying Turns was about 30 min, which is solid, and the train took me a while but that is to be expected), and it still took us every minute we had. We checked off all of the things, including a few new ones.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jynx242 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:42 am

^Knoebels has always been one of those places where it just feels impossible to run out of things to do and see! Truly, I've only ever spend 1 day at a time at the park and it NEVER feels like enough time.

Postby coasterbill » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:21 am

Everyone needs to ride that crazy slide and there’s no shame in doing so.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Rai Fox » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:49 am

jynx242 wrote:^Knoebels has always been one of those places where it just feels impossible to run out of things to do and see! Truly, I've only ever spend 1 day at a time at the park and it NEVER feels like enough time.

Yep. I spent a /week/ there last summer with friends. We figured we'd spend maybe a day at the park and the rest of the week doing other stuff in the area, but ended up spending several days at the park itself, and I still need to get back for more ASAP.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Taylor Finn » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:06 am

Martin's Fantasy Island and Erie County Fair

Hello again!

Let us go back to August 11, 2018. It was a day. I had decided to visit Martin's Fantasy Island, because it was a park I had *some* interest in, but knew my girlfriend didn't. So I made the visit solo and bunched the Erie County Fair in to make it a whole day affair. It was a lot of driving for one day (from Pittsburgh), but it ended up being a pretty nice night!

Martin's Fantasy Island

This park is a mixed back, for sure. I wouldn't really ever feel the need to re-visit. But I didn't dislike my time there. Just seemed to lack in rides that would bring me back/charm.

IMG_3144.jpg
This was actually a big struggle. I found cheap discount tickets online, but they actually needed to be printed, which I forgot to do. So I had to take a detour to a Staples to use their printer. A pain, but it all worked out.

IMG_3147.jpg
Believe this is Buffalo?

IMG_3151.jpg
A must-stop institution in up-state NY. My first time.

IMG_3152.jpg
Man, it was pretty darn good! The baked beans, especially were unique and tasty.

IMG_3153.jpg
We press on. Our final destination this is not, but we are headed this way.

IMG_3155.jpg
We have arrived. It was a Saturday, so I didn't know what to really expect. The parking lot was practically completely full by the time I arrived, so I got a little nervous. Lines ended up being... *fine*

IMG_3156.jpg
The park is kind of split into a couple different areas.

IMG_3157.jpg
Silver Comet, which is practically the only real reason to visit the park.

IMG_3158.jpg
This back section of the park really felt like a slightly more permanent carnival. Not a whole lot in the way of charm. All of the adult rides are nestled back along one straight midway path to the back of the park where the Crazy Mouse is.

IMG_3159.jpg
I did enjoy Silver Comet and got a few rides on it. Operations were... rough. But it is a nice little ride. I wouldn't say it does a whole lot, but the layout is a bit quirky and I'll never pass on a woodie.

IMG_3161.jpg
This was the biggest eye sore. One of those traveling bumper cars. I get they're much cheaper than a full-size installation. But...

IMG_3162.jpg
Whatever these things are called... I forget. But they had one that would be open during limited hours. It is absolutely a novel idea. But... kind of stupid.

IMG_3164.jpg
NEVER BEEN ON ONE OF THESE. I waited far longer than I would've liked for this. I think it is ridiculous that they can't have two lines: One for groups of 1-2 and one for groups of 3 or 4 and just match groups up. The lines would move SO MUCH FASTER.

IMG_3165.jpg
Swings

IMG_3166.jpg
There was a car show of sorts going on in the park, which I guess added something to the vibe.

IMG_3167.jpg

IMG_3168.jpg
The water park was a nice little thing and definitely seemed like the main draw.

IMG_3169.jpg
WAY CROWDED.

IMG_3170.jpg

IMG_3171.jpg

IMG_3172.jpg
Toocrowded4me

IMG_3173.jpg
Another eye-sore if you ask me. Just a concession stand like you'd see at a fair.

IMG_3174.jpg

IMG_3175.jpg
Big ole line available for Silver Comet.

IMG_3176.jpg
The midway.

IMG_3178.jpg
So the front area of the park was actually quite nice. Really would seem like another park entirely. They had this nice little show for the kiddies.

IMG_3179.jpg
WOW.

IMG_3180.jpg
And the kiddie area also had some charm. It was a bit rundown, but felt nice.

IMG_3181.jpg

IMG_3182.jpg
WACKY WORM.

IMG_3183.jpg

IMG_3184.jpg

IMG_3185.jpg

IMG_3186.jpg

IMG_3187.jpg
Maybe some of these are from the train ride. Nice little train ride.

IMG_3188.jpg
They have a campground. Interestingly, the train stops and drops off folks there, which is nice.

IMG_3189.jpg

IMG_3191.jpg
Nice little pizza joint with space for a show.

IMG_3192.jpg

IMG_3193.jpg
Here we are.

IMG_3194.jpg
Buhbye

IMG_3195.jpg

Erie County Fair

I had two good reasons to visit: The Fab Four (Beatles Tribute) and I guess, credits. I find myself enjoying these larger fairs. It's a metropolis that gets puts up for two weekends. Loads of interesting food, lots of stuff to see and do. Doesn't always bring out the best people, but that's alright!

IMG_3198.jpg
Here we are!

IMG_3199.jpg
Let's explore a bit.

IMG_3203.jpg

IMG_3204.jpg
It was pretty crowded, but also was a pretty big fair, so no issues.

IMG_3205.jpg

IMG_3206.jpg
I thought this was funny. Seems legit.

IMG_3207.jpg

IMG_3208.jpg

IMG_3209.jpg

IMG_3210.jpg

IMG_3211.jpg
Woo. A great credit.

IMG_3212.jpg

IMG_3213.jpg
Watched a bit of this Ninja show. Always find these little traveling shows interesting. These folks work their butts off and travel from fair to fair.

IMG_3214.jpg

IMG_3215.jpg
They had a bunch of these little 'freak shows' set up throughout the fair. Gimmicky as they are, there was something charming about it, especially because I'm sure they aren't making much off them.

IMG_3216.jpg
I know I've seen this at other fairs. But I can't remember the name. But you just throw balls at the same time and play for BINGO.

IMG_3218.jpg
Lots of permanent structures all around the fairgrounds. Really well-maintained.

IMG_3219.jpg
Oh, just a clown.

IMG_3220.jpg

IMG_3223.jpg
Oh, just a bowl.

IMG_3224.jpg
Oh, just a one-man band.

IMG_3226.jpg
Oh, just a ketchup dispensing robot.

IMG_3228.jpg
Oh, just a credit.

IMG_3230.jpg
Oh, just a heart attack. I did not go for this, but I am sure it would be great.

IMG_3232.jpg
This was the night's entertainment. Got there early enough to secure pretty great spot. And they were a lot of fun. I know it ain't nothing like the original. But for a free show, they're one of the best around Beatles tributes.

IMG_3235.jpg

IMG_3241.jpg
Sorry for the low picture quality throughout this report! But thanks, as always, for reading.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:24 am

Great report! You hit the nail on the head about Fantasy Island. The front looks charming, but the back looks like a permanent fair.

I also love how the gravitron was named "The Force" at the fair. :lol:
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Twisted Colossus
Most Recent Trip Reports- Efteling & Parque de Atracciones Madrid

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby adamico2 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:54 pm

I got it! aka "ghetto fascination"

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby djcoastermark » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:45 pm

Around here, that bingo ball rolling game is called " Bingball" and every catholick church festival has a giant tent with Bingball.

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:52 pm

Great report!!! The “Devils Hole?!??” :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Bigger is not always better.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:37 pm

djcoastermark wrote:Around here, that bingo ball rolling game is called "Bingball" and every catholick church festival has a giant tent with Bingball.

Not to be confused with BingBong...
IMG_1201-25.JPG
(o; Great report! And every home should have a ketchup robot!
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!