Photo TR: Orlando Group Honeymoon

Chapter III - Manic Kingdom
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Photo TR: Orlando Group Honeymoon

Postby Hilltopper39 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:13 am

Mexico, my favorite Epcot pavilion. Maybe my favorite place inside a Walt Disney World theme park. I’m sure you’ve noticed they all relate to booze. But aside from the booze, the atmosphere is really nice. And there’s a ride!

Same, I love the Mexico pavilion. I've yet to eat at the new restaurant on the water but no trip to EPCOT is complete for me without a margarita and a ride on the Donald Duck Boat Ride (as my kids refer to it).

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:55 pm

Good to know about Be Our Guest, as that's one I'm interested in when we go there.

Gotta have fun with hats at a theme park. :lol:

Postby bert425 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:19 pm

continuing a fantastic trip report, with some truly wonderful pictures.

I had no idea Pirates even took a picture, and yeah, that's a weird place to put the camera (tho I do wonder what the woman in the front row is shielding her young boy from! PIRATES!!!???

and yeah, you got the crap room at Be Our Guest. . but at least the rose napkin is still cool?

great report.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby Director_Guy » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:42 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:That Pirates photo. :lol: I always find the worst photos are on shooters when everyone is hyper focused.

Great report!

Haha! A great point. I've started to pose for those. Mostly mean mugging.

Leekak wrote:Hey You Guys.

Hilltopper39 wrote:
Same, I love the Mexico pavilion. I've yet to eat at the new restaurant on the water but no trip to EPCOT is complete for me without a margarita and a ride on the Donald Duck Boat Ride (as my kids refer to it).

I have eaten at the one outside, and it was fairly decent. Part of the reason I haven't eaten at the restaurant on the inside is because I hear the food isn't that great, despite being in a prime location, and I live in a city that has really great Mexican food. If anyone here says they love it I will definitely give it a try next time.

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Good to know about Be Our Guest, as that's one I'm interested in when we go there.

Gotta have fun with hats at a theme park. :lol:

The atmosphere is very nice (as long as you're in the right room, but the food is merely fine. I'd say worth a dine at least once per life.

bert425 wrote:continuing a fantastic trip report, with some truly wonderful pictures.

I had no idea Pirates even took a picture, and yeah, that's a weird place to put the camera (tho I do wonder what the woman in the front row is shielding her young boy from! PIRATES!!!???

and yeah, you got the crap room at Be Our Guest. . but at least the rose napkin is still cool?

great report.

Thanks! I think they added the picture recently, within the last 2 years.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby bigboy » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:09 pm

This TR is a great reminder of how much fun I've had adulating at WDW. I love hitting the parks with the kid, but my wife and I had a blast on an adults only trip 2 years ago even if we did have a little guilt at first about leaving our daughter behind.

Your thoughts on Magic Kingdom versus Disneyland are right on. Both are great on their own, but Disneyland just has something else to it. I have people that know I've been to both ask me which one I prefer and it's such a tough question to answer and articulate.

Can't wait to see the rest of your recap!

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby Director_Guy » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:46 pm

bigboy wrote:This TR is a great reminder of how much fun I've had adulating at WDW. I love hitting the parks with the kid, but my wife and I had a blast on an adults only trip 2 years ago even if we did have a little guilt at first about leaving our daughter behind.

Your thoughts on Magic Kingdom versus Disneyland are right on. Both are great on their own, but Disneyland just has something else to it. I have people that know I've been to both ask me which one I prefer and it's such a tough question to answer and articulate.

Can't wait to see the rest of your recap!

There's an unfortunate stigma (probably not here, but in the real world) that the Disney parks are made exclusively for children, but I've done the parks as both child and adult and find them more enjoyable as an adult! No need to feel guilt about leaving the kid behind, I'm sure she will enjoy future trips.

MK vs Disneyland, I will always tell people there are more attractions in Disneyland than Disney World. Of course, the real answer is much more nuanced than that (especially when you get into what the definition of "attraction" is), but that fact seems to make them understand, at least without a complete dissertation. You're right, it's hard to get across.

I'll have more of my trip soon. Real life got a bit in the way, but things should be rolling soon.

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!