Last minute Florida trip

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Re: Last minute Florida trip

Postby BlahBlahson » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:31 am

Resent sorry.

Another Animal Experience that I didn't see already mentioned but is also super worth it is the Kangaroos at Busch Gardens. They've been doing a walkabout in the middle of the day for most of the last year where you can go inside the Kangaroo pen, feed the animals, pet the roos, and like, literally hug them if you want. And I think it was $7 dollars when I did it last June.

The Serengeti Safari is also excellent. The train ride around the Savannah accomplishes most of the same thing though, but if you're splurging you get to hand-feed giraffes and the guides will take extra time to find and stop near every animal they can on the savannah for photos. I do think All-Day Dining is a better value for "things to spend extra on".
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:53 am

I don't have anything to add to this thread other than have fun. BGT, SWO and Funspot are all completely awesome. Hoping to do Discovery Cove next time we head down and this thread is continuing to sell me on it.
BlahBlahson wrote:pet the roos, and like, literally hug them if you want.

dangerous.gif

anonymouscactus wrote:They also have an aviary where you can feed hungry little shits.

2uvzDjV.gif

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby AndrewA86 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:43 pm

coasterbill wrote:
Then again, you're from Michigan so you probably think that that's acceptable water park weather anyway because you people are certifiably insane.

:lmao: About 20 years ago I jumped into a cold Lake Huron in 60 degree weather because the waves were enormous. Wasn't planning on it. Just wanted to walk the shore but saw the waves and I immediately stripped down to my underwear and jumped in! It was fun.. so yes, we are insane..

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby anonymouscactus » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:30 pm

coasterbill wrote:Can someone confirm if you can visit another park before Discovery Cove with that package?.

You absolutely can. Before, after, or a combination of both. I've been able to go straight to the gate in the past with the voucher, but some documentation (not from the official site) says to go to guest services first...

"The personalized ID card you receive at Discovery Cove check in will serve as your 14-day unlimited admission ticket to the sister park(s) after the Discovery Cove reservation date. If you visit one of the sister parks BEFORE your reservation date, you must present your E-Ticket and a photo ID for each party member 18 years or older at the Guest Relations/Services window located at the front gate of the sister park (i.e. SeaWorld)."

----

Oh and on the topic of Discovery Cove, I completely forgot I made this video 6 years ago... mostly of the otter exhibit... (unfortunately you do NOT swim with them because they would probably claw you to death with their scary little hands; there is glass between you)

https://youtu.be/7H-3ikaGgZs

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!