TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Shanghai Photo TR

Awesome trip reports! I'd love to visit these parks some day. The Happy Valley parks get bad reps but their ride collections are so cool that I still want to give them a try. Haha

Just for comparison's sake, what rating would you give to Happy Valley's megalite and dive machine? I've always thought Fireball looked fantastic so if you gave that a 7 I'm curious to see how those numbers compare.

Shanghai Disneyland's castle looks absolutely gorgeous.

I liked Fireball, but it’s not a coaster I could ride over and over. It has a solid layout and several pops of air, but it’s a bit too shaky through all the transitions for me. I’d say it’s a top 20-30 wooden coaster though.

Megalites are simply fantastic and probably the closest you can get to perfection on a coaster (especially of that height and speed). Definitely a 10!

Sheikra has my favorite B&M dive coaster layout. Obviously this one lacks the themeing, but the 10 across seating really makes the ride experience a bit better. I’d probably give it a 8.5/10 but would still take Sheikra for the overall experience.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha I'm guessing you didn't check out the Jeju aquarium on your visit to Jeju? They have a big whale shark statue out front, use it as their logo for that aquarium sell plushies of it and pictures on the site when the only clue it isn't in the park anymore is a little note buried on a picture of their site. http://www.aquaplanet.co.kr/jeju/eng/01aqua/gallery_info3.jsp

Very cool sky ride in that park! A lot of awesome shots from up there, I see.

And so close to Disney, too!

Great look at this new park in the world. Thanks for sharing this, too.

NewShanghaiParkParade.png.528ea22d57be6389ba11c9459a6c26ee.png

I liked this part of one of your shots. Parade floats lined up, ready for action. (o;

Ha I'm guessing you didn't check out the Jeju aquarium on your visit to Jeju? They have a big whale shark statue out front, use it as their logo for that aquarium sell plushies of it and pictures on the site when the only clue it isn't in the park anymore is a little note buried on a picture of their site. http://www.aquaplanet.co.kr/jeju/eng/01aqua/gallery_info3.jsp

I didn’t check it out. ‘That’ does sound very Korean though