IAAPA 2018 Trade Show LIVE Updates from TPR!

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Re: IAAPA 2018 Trade Show LIVE Updates from TPR!

Postby Jew » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:50 pm

A.J. wrote:Yeah, they're still in it. Huss still makes and sells new Enterprises, Condors and Top Spins too. The market is just incredibly saturated.

Don't believe they are in the portable ride market anymore.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby KarlaKoaster » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:11 pm

The new European Intamins look so good :lover:

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:55 pm

A roll back on each ride guaranteed for the LSM quad coaster :lmao:

Hooooooooooooooooooooooooly! Both look incredible and top-10 disruptors.
{1991} Chicago guy. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:06 pm

Both those Intamins look incredible.

For the one at Asterix, experiencing a beyond vertical drop in the back with such a long train should be a real treat. Has the longest train for a beyond vertical drop so far been the 3 car ones on the Intamin Blitz coasters? It'll be interesting getting one of those 3 part launches and a full layout to go with it.

The coaster at Walibi Belgium looks like Expedition GeForce mixed with an RMC and that's perfectly fine by me. I like how Intamin appears to be borrowing those awesome wave turns from RMCs.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Twisted Colossus, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Galaxyland

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:11 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:
The coaster at Walibi Belgium looks like Expedition GeForce mixed with an RMC and that's perfectly fine by me. I like how Intamin appears to be borrowing those awesome wave turns from RMCs.

It seems like Intamin (and/or other parks) are noticing how much people love these new RMCs and are doing something about it. All it takes is a park with the budget and the want to make it happen! Glad they're coming through.
{1991} Chicago guy. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby grsupercity » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:54 pm

I love Intamin
As of right now top 25
Maverick...Lightning Run...Fury325...Phantoms Revenge...Shivering Timbers...Montu...:lighting Rod...Afterburn...Mako...Storm Chaser...Goliath SFGAM...Rivine flyer2...Manta...Raging Bull ...American Thunder...Intimidator...Kumba...Millennium Force...Raptor...Voyage...Mine Blower...Renegade...Cheetah Hunt...Mr Freeze
Is that 26?

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby Apollo von Sol » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:31 pm

While I love those two Intamins, I cannot feel like they severely knocked off every single RMC element. The only two original element I see of those two coasters is the "Non inverting cobra roll" and the quick switch track, while every other element is from RMC, using what is arguably, their signature elements which didn't exist before RMC came along. At least try to be creative and do something different. Meanwhile, I do feel at the same time I'm glad other manufacturers are taking note of RMC and re-using their element to make a more intense and exciting ride. It just feels like they're the cheater of a school test and copying the answer from the smarter kid (RMC).

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby steamedturtle » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:45 pm

Maybe. But I don't see how that's a bad thing in any way. We get to benefit from it! I honestly wish B&M would "copy," and be influenced by RMC designs too! Besides, even if the elements are similar or the same, they feel completely different between manufacturers. The trains, track, seats, restraints, angles, etc. are all different and make for a distinct difference.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:34 pm

IAAPA Attractions Expo bonus round coming at you!
IMG_3281.JPG
Back at the show for another few laps! It's good exercise, right?
IMG_3282.JPG
Does everyone remember when this happened to Golden Horse a few years ago? This booth wasn't them.
IMG_3283.JPG
Some of the higher-profile vendors have HUGE booths! WhiteWater, ProSlide, and SBF Visa, to name a few.
IMG_3285.JPG
Here's Zierer's booth! They're showing off that fun French coaster with the horse and stagecoach seats!
IMG_3286.JPG
Of course, no IAAPA Expo would be complete without a credit on the show floor! This one is going to Jenkinson's Boardwalk in New Jersey, and it's pretty fun!
IMG_3288.JPG
Would anyone like another go at the Sky Trail ropes course? I sure would!
IMG_3290.JPG
Gerstlauer was showing off the Nickelodeon Universe coasters once again. Can't wait until they're open!
IMG_3300.JPG
In a late-week press event, Intamin and Compagnie des Alpes announced TWO massive new coasters!
IMG_3302.JPG
Once again, Zamperla brings their latest flat ride to show on the floor. This time, it's a smaller version of their popular Windstarz ride!
IMG_3303.JPG
The IAAPA always brings the last twelve issues of their magazine to the show and gives them out for free! Who wants one?
IMG_3305.JPG
Theme park operators sometimes have booths at the IAAPA expo too! Here's Fantawild's, and no, it isn't named "Jungle Trailblazer".
IMG_3306.JPG
What happens when fellow theme park creatives get together for some beers? Great friendships and conversations! Thanks to the TEA for putting on their mixer every year!
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:57 pm

Great Bonus EXPO Round! Thanks for posting it. =)

EDIT: Curious as to "who got closed" during this one, heh.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!