Where Are You Going in 2019?

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Where Are You Going in 2019?

Postby coasterbill » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:27 am

You're also going to Cedar Point. You don't have a choice in the matter. :lol:

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby jlp94 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:38 am

Update - My final plans

March - WDW, Universal, Fun Spots (all three), SeaWorld, Busch Gardens, SFOG
May - Maxx Force Media/Opening Day
June - Branson Trip - Silver Dollar City and the alpine coasters
July - Colorado and Oregon parks

After that, at most we would just be doing day trips to Adventureland, Michigan's Adventure and the Dells, or maybe even up to Bay Beach.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby coneyislandchris » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:15 am

So, I'm heading out to Denver in early May with my father to go a see a concert at Red Rocks. I guess while I'm in town I should check out Elitch Gardens and Lakeside? Other than that, with my littlest finally hitting her 42" height mark, I plan on making the most of it at parks that have stuff just her height, so probably lots of Hershey and Knoebels on the books for this year.
That coaster dad [335] and that coaster kiddo [212]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Twisted Timbers. Intimidator 305. El Toro.

Kiddo's faves: Talon. Alpengeist. Copperhead Strike. Twisted Timbers. Fury 325.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Location: I may live in the Carolinas, but my heart is still in Tampa

Postby Kw6sTheatee » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:32 pm

coneyislandchris wrote:So, I'm heading out to Denver in early May with my father to go a see a concert at Red Rocks. I guess while I'm in town I should check out Elitch Gardens and Lakeside? Other than that, with my littlest finally hitting her 42" height mark, I plan on making the most of it at parks that have stuff just her height, so probably lots of Hershey and Knoebels on the books for this year.

YES, KNOEBELS!! Love that place to death :lover: . Should be tons for her to do there. I was shocked by how many rides Knoebels has outside of the coasters, it feels like the amount you’d find at a major park like Kings Island or Cedar Point. Knoebels especially has an entire Kiddieland and the rides in the majority of the park are fun for the entire family— only a few of the flats, Twister and Impulse are what I’d call too intense for some.
1. The Voyage 2. Intimidator 305 3. Maverick 4. Skyrush 5. Mindbender (Galaxyland) 6. Fury 325 7. Kumba 8. Goliath (Georgia) 9. The Beast 10. Phoenix
I’ve ridden 139 Coasters, and have been a coaster enthusiast since 2013.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby IdahoKat » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:17 pm

Cedar Point is a "must" for me (it's my version of paradise). SFMM is also likely to happen.

Tentative trips would be Dollywood, Hersheypark, SFGA, Carowinds, and/or if there are any trips with an enthusiast group, I'd certainly consider that as an option. (The usual considerations are time off work and budget)

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby JG-77 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:30 pm

IdahoKat wrote:Cedar Point is a "must" for me (it's my version of paradise). SFMM is also likely to happen.

Tentative trips would be Dollywood, Hersheypark, SFGA, Carowinds, and/or if there are any trips with an enthusiast group, I'd certainly consider that as an option. (The usual considerations are time off work and budget)

Friendly reminder that if you wind up going to Hershey, also hit up Knoebles. This is mandatory. If you have never been to either, and you must choose one, I would choose Knoebles.
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:23 am

I have airplane tickets to Tokyo, so I guess I can't pretend I'm not going there. Don't know if I'll do anything beyond the attractions in the immediate vicinty (Disney, Yomiuriland, Sega Joyopolis, Dome City, Hanayashiki) but I guess we'll see. I kinda want to do Fuji-Q and also don't because it is a pit of despair.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby RCjunkie » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:25 am

coasterbill wrote:You're also going to Cedar Point. You don't have a choice in the matter. :lol:

With the gauntlet thrown down, it looks like Boldikus is going to CP this year.

The only question to be answered then is HOW Boldikus will get there with coasterbill. (choices below).

A) In the back seat of coasterbill's car.
B) Strapped to the roof rack of coasterbill's car.
C) Locked in the trunk of coasterbill's car (while coasterbill cranks Billy Joel's greatest hits on a loop all the way form NY to Sandusky).
D) Charted flight.

Time will tell. :lmao:

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby pryonisys » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:37 am

I'll be a bit lighter on the parks I get to this year.
Waldameer, Darien Lake, and maybe Kennywood is probably about it. If I get sent to Atlanta for work I'll probably head to SFOG also.

I've got a one month old at home and that will minimize park opportunities for the year (That sounded like a complaint, but it's not. My children are great, but need a little more time before I take them to amusement parks)

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Location: I may live in the Carolinas, but my heart is still in Tampa

Postby Kw6sTheatee » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:05 am

coasterbill wrote:C) Locked in the trunk of coasterbill's car (while coasterbill cranks Billy Joel's greatest hits on a loop all the way form NY to Sandusky).
[/quote]

Hey hey hey, that’s not a bad thing ;) Just heard Piano Man on the radio this morning, as a matter of fact.
1. The Voyage 2. Intimidator 305 3. Maverick 4. Skyrush 5. Mindbender (Galaxyland) 6. Fury 325 7. Kumba 8. Goliath (Georgia) 9. The Beast 10. Phoenix
I’ve ridden 139 Coasters, and have been a coaster enthusiast since 2013.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!