Sandy Lake Amusement Park is Closing

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Sandy Lake Amusement Park is Closing

Postby Arthur_Seaton » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:46 am

I visited a couple of years ago when I had some time to kill before a flight. There was barely anyone there, and it does feel like a carnival, but I could tell that it'd be a good host for events. There's a fantastic old-school pretzel there that I hope can be salvaged. There was an old man running it who, apparently, had been running it for many years. He talked my ear off for a solid hour.

IMG_7472.jpg

The pirate ship is weird in that it's less of a swing and more of a rocking movement. Also, they have a chair swing ride (a "yo-yo" I believe) that's way more intense than it should be.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:40 pm

There is this small, rather quaint park in central PA that would really look great with a Rock-O-Plane. ;-)

I had sex with N-Tag before you did.

Postby Jakizle » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:46 pm

SharkTums wrote:Jake has a pretty good TR from this park back in 2009. Not much has changed!

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=910074

I’m actually sad it’s closing! They host the SWA Chili Cook-off every year and its a super fun event. Glad I was able to make good memories at this year’s event.

Hope the rides find a new home!

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby OmnipotentSeal » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:40 pm

I hope they manage to find a good home for all the unique and historic/rare rides at the park. Rock o planes are amazing when you know how to control them.
Please wake up. We are trying a new technique. We don't know where this will show up in your dream, but we hope this message will reach you. You are in a coma. Please wake up. Your family needs you.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby thrillerman1 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:59 pm

It was fairly vacant on my one visit way back in August, 2007, which I enjoyed. TBH it's kinda surprising the park lasted this long after though, but maybe they held many community events to keep it going, This is just too bad as it would've been cool to see the park develop into something akin to Knoebels south.

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!