TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Talley Amusements will be doing the Ohio State Fair

So Talley Amusements recently signed on to do the Ohio State Fair. When I found out about it on MCW, I looked on Talley's website to see what all rides they have, and it wasn't a BAD selection, however, AoA is far superior. I will be listing the pros and cons of Talley doing the fair

Pros:

-A Zyklon coaster

-A neat looking portable slide named Fast Trax

-A Zipper

Cons:

-No swing tower ride

-No Wisdom, Mack, Reverchon, or Bertazzon Himalaya

-No Spinning Mouse Coaster

-No Space Roller (Space Roller is an independent ride so it could end up showing up though)

-No swinging ship ride

-No swinging pendulum ride like a Fire Ball or a Freak Out or a Street Fighter

-No Larson Looper (although I will say AoA has not used theirs since a man got electrocuted setting theirs up at the Delta Fair in 2016)

-No A.R.M. Ali Baba-style ride

-No Cliff Hanger

So you get the point. They won't be as good as AoA was. What are your thoughts on them doing the midway?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Talley Amusements recently signed on to do the Ohio State Fair. When I found out about it on MCW, I looked on Talley's website to see what all rides they have, and it wasn't a BAD selection, however, AoA is far superior. I will be listing the pros and cons of Talley doing the fair

Cons:

-No swing tower ride

-No Space Roller (Space Roller is an independent ride so it could end up showing up though)

-No swinging ship ride

-No Larson Looper (although I will say AoA has not used theirs since a man got electrocuted setting theirs up at the Delta Fair in 2016)

-No Cliff Hanger

So you get the point. They won't be as good as AoA was. What are your thoughts on them doing the midway?

The Ohio State Fair usually has a midway of 65-70 rides... usually half of them are booked in from elsewhere, so many more of the "cons" rides you list were not even owned by A of A... This year, the Swing Ride was booked in by Strates, the Space Roller (as mentioned), the Ali Baba was by Strates, The Swinging ship was from someone else as well as the Cliffhanger and the brand-new Spider was booked in through Poor Jacks. I think A of A can still book out their crazy mouse coaster... they set it up at the IX indoor amusement park, and who knows, even though A of A isn't the main contractor, it doesn't mean they won't be asked to supply some rides. My freinds company gets asked a lot, but his problem is help... he can't find enough people to run the rides (a growing problem in the industry)... so he won't show up.

Also, Talley DOES own a KMG Fireball called "The Beast", but I seriously doubt it will show up.

There were a total of 5 different companies that bid on the contract including Belle City and A of A. (despite the accident, A of A was still in the top 3 running) Bell City, which provides a good amount of the rides (Sky Wheel, Scorpion, scooter, Rock N Roll Music Express) were not in the running, but I don't know if that means they will or will not provide anything in 2019.

It would be great if Wade did the OSF, but they don't have room on the schedule, since their Unit 1 is in MO at the time, their Unit 2 is at/leaving DE, and the Unit 3 is in MI.

I think Floyd will still book in their Disk'O and Space Roller, and D&J will still probably book in their Pharaoh's Fury, Zero Gravity, and Screamer.

Cons:

-No swing tower ride

-No swinging ship ride

-No Cliff Hanger

The Ohio State Fair usually has a midway of 65-70 rides... usually half of them are booked in from elsewhere, so many more of the "cons" rides you list were not even owned by A of A... This year, the Swing Ride was booked in by Strates, the Space Roller (as mentioned), the Ali Baba was by Strates, The Swinging ship was from someone else as well as the Cliffhanger and the brand-new Spider was booked in through Poor Jacks. I think A of A can still book out their crazy mouse coaster... they set it up at the IX indoor amusement park, and who knows, even though A of A isn't the main contractor, it doesn't mean they won't be asked to supply some rides. My freinds company gets asked a lot, but his problem is help... he can't find enough people to run the rides (a growing problem in the industry)... so he won't show up.

Also, Talley DOES own a KMG Fireball called "The Beast", but I seriously doubt it will show up.

There were a total of 5 different companies that bid on the contract including Belle City and A of A. (despite the accident, A of A was still in the top 3 running) Bell City, which provides a good amount of the rides (Sky Wheel, Scorpion, scooter, Rock N Roll Music Express) were not in the running, but I don't know if that means they will or will not provide anything in 2019.

The Cliffhanger wasn't booked in I don't think. AoA owns a Cliffhanger and they also own a Vertigo swing tower but im unsure if they brought it last time or not

Well Wade has brought their KMG Fire Ball back out, so other shows might do so as well.

I'm sure they will, but I'd be pretty shocked if anyone did at this fair, at least any time in the near future. Can you imagine how anyone that saw the accident last year would take that? Especially since quite a few of the people there would have a rumor started within the hour that it was the exact same ride...

Well Wade has brought their KMG Fire Ball back out, so other shows might do so as well.

I'm sure they will, but I'd be pretty shocked if anyone did at this fair, at least any time in the near future. Can you imagine how anyone that saw the accident last year would take that? Especially since quite a few of the people there would have a rumor started within the hour that it was the exact same ride...

People wouldn't believe them if there was a rumor, since there is video footage of what the model looks like

People wouldn't believe them if there was a rumor, since there is video footage of what the model looks like

Never underestimate how human gossip works! People could still spread it and numerous others would believe it. Then, when someone points something factual out, there will be a rebuttal of "its just painted different" or 'they made some changes to it". I've seen it numerous places and it could also happen here.

Never underestimate how human gossip works! People could still spread it and numerous others would believe it. Then, when someone points something factual out, there will be a rebuttal of "its just painted different" or 'they made some changes to it". I've seen it numerous places and it could also happen here.

Yeah but the owner of it is still different

no one remembers the ride in the video. . they just remember a "swinging claw ride" broke and some people died.

I suspect anything that looks even slightly similar to it won't go on a tour circuit.

The Cliffhanger wasn't booked in I don't think. AoA owns a Cliffhanger and they also own a Vertigo swing tower but im unsure if they brought it last time or not

You may be right on that one... I think at one time they booked in Bates Cliffhanger, so I may be thinking of that. The Vertigo Swingtower had shown up this year, (along with the Scorpion, Disk-O and one other ride) but it got red tagged... so they couldn't put it up.

You may be right on that one... I think at one time they booked in Bates Cliffhanger, so I may be thinking of that. The Vertigo Swingtower had shown up this year, (along with the Scorpion, Disk-O and one other ride) but it got red tagged... so they couldn't put it up.

Oh. I was wondering where it was, but yes they did book in Bates’ Cliffhanger from 2009-2012

Also we’re Disk’O and Scorpion set up? I don’t remember if they were there or not.

^ No, neither of them were up. (no Disk-o, Scorpion, or Vertigo and one other ride -Bonzi maybe?-) I think that's why they booked in Poor Jacks Black Widow at the last minute.

Pretty disappointing midway this year, but attendance was almost up to record levels which proved that the fair is extremely popular even without a stellar midway.

^ No, neither of them were up. (no Disk-o, Scorpion, or Vertigo and one other ride -Bonzi maybe?-) I think that's why they booked in Poor Jacks Black Widow at the last minute.

Pretty disappointing midway this year, but attendance was almost up to record levels which proved that the fair is extremely popular even without a stellar midway.

I think AoA replaced the Banzai with their new Skyfall ride which is a Kamikaze model