Talley Amusements will be doing the Ohio State Fair

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Talley Amusements will be doing the Ohio State Fair

Postby LeJebba » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:40 pm

So Talley Amusements recently signed on to do the Ohio State Fair. When I found out about it on MCW, I looked on Talley's website to see what all rides they have, and it wasn't a BAD selection, however, AoA is far superior. I will be listing the pros and cons of Talley doing the fair

Pros:
-A Zyklon coaster
-A neat looking portable slide named Fast Trax
-A Zipper

Cons:
-No swing tower ride
-No Wisdom, Mack, Reverchon, or Bertazzon Himalaya
-No Spinning Mouse Coaster
-No Space Roller (Space Roller is an independent ride so it could end up showing up though)
-No swinging ship ride
-No swinging pendulum ride like a Fire Ball or a Freak Out or a Street Fighter
-No Larson Looper (although I will say AoA has not used theirs since a man got electrocuted setting theirs up at the Delta Fair in 2016)
-No A.R.M. Ali Baba-style ride
-No Cliff Hanger

So you get the point. They won't be as good as AoA was. What are your thoughts on them doing the midway?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Talley Amusements will be doing the Ohio State Fair

Postby coasterbill » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:56 pm

If they have a Zipper then it’s automatically an improvement.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:19 pm

^Also not killing their guests would be an improvement.

This button makes my penis erect.

Postby DJeXeL » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:03 pm

:lmao: :lmao:
- Insane In The Lift Chain -

"You shut your mouth when you talk to me"

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby John Peck » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:43 pm

LeJebba wrote:So Talley Amusements recently signed on to do the Ohio State Fair. When I found out about it on MCW, I looked on Talley's website to see what all rides they have, and it wasn't a BAD selection, however, AoA is far superior. I will be listing the pros and cons of Talley doing the fair

Cons:
-No swing tower ride
-No Space Roller (Space Roller is an independent ride so it could end up showing up though)
-No swinging ship ride
-No Larson Looper (although I will say AoA has not used theirs since a man got electrocuted setting theirs up at the Delta Fair in 2016)
-No Cliff Hanger

So you get the point. They won't be as good as AoA was. What are your thoughts on them doing the midway?

The Ohio State Fair usually has a midway of 65-70 rides... usually half of them are booked in from elsewhere, so many more of the "cons" rides you list were not even owned by A of A... This year, the Swing Ride was booked in by Strates, the Space Roller (as mentioned), the Ali Baba was by Strates, The Swinging ship was from someone else as well as the Cliffhanger and the brand-new Spider was booked in through Poor Jacks. I think A of A can still book out their crazy mouse coaster... they set it up at the IX indoor amusement park, and who knows, even though A of A isn't the main contractor, it doesn't mean they won't be asked to supply some rides. My freinds company gets asked a lot, but his problem is help... he can't find enough people to run the rides (a growing problem in the industry)... so he won't show up.

Also, Talley DOES own a KMG Fireball called "The Beast", but I seriously doubt it will show up.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKIQVcNAX9o

There were a total of 5 different companies that bid on the contract including Belle City and A of A. (despite the accident, A of A was still in the top 3 running) Bell City, which provides a good amount of the rides (Sky Wheel, Scorpion, scooter, Rock N Roll Music Express) were not in the running, but I don't know if that means they will or will not provide anything in 2019.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby sdcfan88 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:11 am

SharkTums wrote:^Also not killing their guests would be an improvement.

And we have a winner!

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:49 am

AoA booked in a lot of stuff and I'm sure so will Talley. My hope is that I get enough new to me stuff to justify going for the first time in 4-5 years.

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:32 am

LeJebba wrote:Pros:
-A Zyklon coaster

I'm so confused right now...
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby LeJebba » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:24 pm

It would be great if Wade did the OSF, but they don't have room on the schedule, since their Unit 1 is in MO at the time, their Unit 2 is at/leaving DE, and the Unit 3 is in MI.

I think Floyd will still book in their Disk'O and Space Roller, and D&J will still probably book in their Pharaoh's Fury, Zero Gravity, and Screamer.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby LeJebba » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:29 pm

John Peck wrote:
LeJebba wrote:So Talley Amusements recently signed on to do the Ohio State Fair. When I found out about it on MCW, I looked on Talley's website to see what all rides they have, and it wasn't a BAD selection, however, AoA is far superior. I will be listing the pros and cons of Talley doing the fair

Cons:
-No swing tower ride
-No swinging ship ride
-No Cliff Hanger

The Ohio State Fair usually has a midway of 65-70 rides... usually half of them are booked in from elsewhere, so many more of the "cons" rides you list were not even owned by A of A... This year, the Swing Ride was booked in by Strates, the Space Roller (as mentioned), the Ali Baba was by Strates, The Swinging ship was from someone else as well as the Cliffhanger and the brand-new Spider was booked in through Poor Jacks. I think A of A can still book out their crazy mouse coaster... they set it up at the IX indoor amusement park, and who knows, even though A of A isn't the main contractor, it doesn't mean they won't be asked to supply some rides. My freinds company gets asked a lot, but his problem is help... he can't find enough people to run the rides (a growing problem in the industry)... so he won't show up.

Also, Talley DOES own a KMG Fireball called "The Beast", but I seriously doubt it will show up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKIQVcNAX9o

There were a total of 5 different companies that bid on the contract including Belle City and A of A. (despite the accident, A of A was still in the top 3 running) Bell City, which provides a good amount of the rides (Sky Wheel, Scorpion, scooter, Rock N Roll Music Express) were not in the running, but I don't know if that means they will or will not provide anything in 2019.

The Cliffhanger wasn't booked in I don't think. AoA owns a Cliffhanger and they also own a Vertigo swing tower but im unsure if they brought it last time or not

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!