Photo TR: TPR USA Trip 2018

The RMC & More Tour! CP posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Photo TR: TPR USA Trip 2018

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:04 pm

I've known about HersheyPark for years and years, now.
Unfortunately I've never made it there, in all these years. :sad:

So here I sit, enjoying what you've posted all about your HersheyPark visit.
And at my age, SkyRush would be a definitely happy challenge for me. :smile:

Thanks for all your Tour TR-ing. Looking forward to more, yay!
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I Love Donkeys!

Postby matthew.sullivan1 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:53 pm

After reading this TR, it occurred to me that you and Alex were on the train before me for a back row ride of Lightning Racer (pretty sure it was the lightning side). I saw your pink wristbands and realized that TPR was there that day :lmao: Great report!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:11 pm

Awesome day! It does not get better than Hershey/Knoebels back to back. I also really liked the restaurant just outside the gate, really looking forward to what they're able to do with the new one. Skyrush death seat FTW!

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:23 pm

Thanks to you I just started texting buds to make a serious plan to head over for Hersheypark in the Dark - for no other reasons than Troegs and then Skyrush. Fab report of my happy place, thanks for the inspiration.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby coasterlvr » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:36 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Awesome day! It does not get better than Hershey/Knoebels back to back.

it does when you go, Knoebels, Hershey, then Cedar Point for 3 days! =) =)

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:37 pm

My favorite part of this TR installment was the watering can back at Knoebels. I've just never been a big fan of Hershey. That being said, Storm Runner is ridiculously awesome and underrated. I love that ride and I wish we had more of them!!!

Postby bert425 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:51 pm

coasterlvr wrote:
ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Awesome day! It does not get better than Hershey/Knoebels back to back.

it does when you go, Knoebels, Hershey, then Cedar Point for 3 days! =) =)

:nina: :nina:
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:01 pm

Fantastic report! Skyrush truly is one of the most intense coasters out there.

I've seen Hershey block off the back rows on coasters other than Storm Runner as well. It always seemed to be on less crowded days.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Twisted Colossus, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Disney California Adventure & Disneyland

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby RCCola » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:31 am

Zach urged me to be social, so I’ll try. I can always click on the direct link to go back to this thread.

I have always loved Hersheypark. It was my favorite family park until I discovered Knoebels. Unfortunately, I hadn’t been to the park for 20 years more or less. I’m sorry that I missed its growth over those years. Wildcat was new when I was there last, and it was actually smooth and fun then. Hersheypark still has those nice family touches, but it’s certainly a good rival for Great Adventure with an overall exciting variety of coasters and rides. Chocolate World and the zoo make it even better.

On to the rides...
Comet has always been a great woodie, and it’s neat now that the other rides have grown around it and Sooper. I get frightened by heights where I can feel them, so I freak on drop towers. Still, I forced myself to do the three drop towers from smallest to tallest and loved the combo of effects. Fahrenheit and Storm Runner are great fun, and Hersheypark gets points for keeping some of the classic rides like the monorail and Coal Cracker. I miss the spinning chuck wagon, which didn’t take up much space and should still be there. I’m surprised that they took out the themed Ferris wheel-like ride near the entrance. Times change... The Chocolate World ride has been improved, and you gain five pounds just walking into that building. Laff Trakk was just bad. You can see the entire ride, and it’s boring.

My faves of the day were Lightning Racers and Skyrush. Lightning Racers ran perfectly and made me laugh as we ran neck and neck against the other side. At night, it’s absolutely beautiful with the chase lights. It made me feel like I was back on the Boardwalk in my favorite place in the world - Wildwood, NJ. Skyrush challenged me! I loved the speed, launch, layout and airtime. Despite being a seasoned rider, I could not keep my hands up for the whole ride. This monster flings you all over the place in an epic, manic, devious ride like that Betty White thing that Zach said.

I must disagree about that dark ride. It’s the worst dark ride that I’ve ever experienced outside of a sketchy carnival. The artwork is only surpassed in its dreadful nature by the animatronic characters. The guns didn’t work, and the targets were stupid - people on poles, people playing sports, people smiling, etc. We just wanted it to be over and put down our guns. Even worse, the restraints are overkill because of some track hills. They are going to retheme it next year. Why bother?! Just give people real guns and grenades, and let them destroy the site.

I’ll go back to Hersheypark on my own more often now like I used to do.

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby Gatekeeper » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:28 pm

Hey Zach - awesome trip report and I agree about how incredible and thrilling Skyrush is. I loved the back wing seats!
Take care, Paul
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com]Image[/url[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/a41a0f2006be81ac8dea9a3149671183.jpg[/img][/url]

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!