Battle of the 2019 Launch Coasters

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!

Best 2019 Launch Coaster

Copperhead Strike
45%
West Coast Coaster
19%
Maxx Force
36%

Total votes : 73

Site Admin

Re: Battle of the 2019 Launch Coasters

Postby robbalvey » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:56 pm

michaellynn4 wrote:I didn't see an option for "All three look awesome so why pick and haven't even been built yet so who the f**k am I to judge", so I didn't vote.

You have my respect.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby CoasterAuditor » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:58 pm

michaellynn4 wrote:I didn't see an option for "All three look awesome so why pick and haven't even been built yet so who the f**k am I to judge", so I didn't vote.

:nina: :nina: :nina:
I'm an accountant that's obsessed with roller coasters
Knoebels > Everywhere

1. El Toro 2. Intimidator 305 3. Phoenix 4. Millennium Force 5. New Texas Giant

118 Coasters
16 Parks

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Samuel » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:01 pm

I'm pleasantly surprised by Copperhead Strike; it seems satisfying with a nice mix of elements and decent length. The layout has a lot more nuance and chances for airtime than I thought it would, and the launch hump is intriguing.

I expect Maxx Force's launch to be bonkers and West Coast Racers to be a lot of fun. Six Flags has been keeping new coasters short, but no one can say these two aren't packed with excitement & interactivity.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby Dombot » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:20 am

I honestly can't choose. Maxx Force looks like it's the most intense, West Coast Racers is really unique, and Copperhead Strike looks like classic Mack goodness. I'd be hard pressed to only choose one.
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Mako 5. Alpengeist

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby VegasBaby » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:24 pm

Dombot wrote:I honestly can't choose. Maxx Force looks like it's the most intense, West Coast Racers is really unique, and Copperhead Strike looks like classic Mack goodness. I'd be hard pressed to only choose one.

Agreed, all 3 look like great coasters and I hope to be able to check them all out next year. I also like seeing new coasters from different companies as well. It seems like everything lately has been from B&M, RMC, or GCI (who all make good coasters), but it's nice to see Mack, Premier, and S&S expand their portfolio. Plus, none of these coasters are clones (not yet as least), so we are getting 3 wholly original coaster experiences. Along with the new Harry Potter coaster (rumored to be Intamin), the S&S at Kennywood and the two Gerstlauers in NJ, 2019 is shaping up to be a great year for new coasters.
Last edited by VegasBaby on Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:45 pm.
Coaster Count: 211 Last Coaster: Twisted Colossus
Top Ten: 1) Superman:TR 2) Millennium Force 3) X2 4) Skyrush 5) El Toro 6) Twisted Colossus 7) Maverick 8) Lightning Rod 9) Mako 10) Storm Runner

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:33 pm

First of all, I'm trying to make sense of why this poll exists when none of these rides are open and absoultely no one can give an accurate opinion on which one is best because no one has ridden them...

Secondly, I'm trying to make sense of why Copperhead Strike is in the lead when, on paper is probably the weakest of the three rides, most certainly weaker than Maxx Force. Did people miss that Copperhead Strikes launched 0-42 MPH? Where Maxx Force and Racers is 78MPH and 55MPH?

If you're making a hypothetical pointless poll about the best 2019 launch coasters, shouldn't that award automatically go to the one with the "best launch?" But yet people seem to have voted mostly for the ride with the weakest launch?!?!?

Again, this is why so many things in the world don't make any sense to me...
Last edited by robbalvey on Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:34 pm.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:38 pm

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Man, there is some funny shit being posted on these threads today!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:07 pm

Philrad71 wrote:

I think there just is a fairly high contingent of people who are getting really sick of all the stupidity happening in the world right now which, unfortunately, spilling over into our forums more and more lately. And we can either:

A. Sit back, do nothing about it and cry ourselves to sleep a little more each night.

B. Be angry and mean about it.

C. Poke fun at the people with our own brand of mean-spirited humor and at least TRY to laugh at the whole thing, because if we didn't we probably would end up doing B... and then the second part of A...

:?r

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:04 pm

robbalvey wrote:
Philrad71 wrote:

I think there just is a fairly high contingent of people who are getting really sick of all the stupidity happening in the world right now which, unfortunately, spilling over into our forums more and more lately. And we can either:

A. Sit back, do nothing about it and cry ourselves to sleep a little more each night.

B. Be angry and mean about it.

C. Poke fun at the people with our own brand of mean-spirited humor and at least TRY to laugh at the whole thing, because if we didn't we probably would end up doing B... and then the second part of A...

:?r

D. I should have locked the thread when a saw it and it only had two responses.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby CoasterAuditor » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:21 pm

At the end of the day I want to ride all three because all three look "fun" which is usually what I go to parks for. I doubt I'll be riding Maxx Force one day (probably not next year) and be thinking "man this launch is so much better than Copperhead Strikes launch specifically." I'll probably be thinking "holy sh*t that launch was batsh*t insane I can't wait to ride this again."
I'm an accountant that's obsessed with roller coasters
Knoebels > Everywhere

1. El Toro 2. Intimidator 305 3. Phoenix 4. Millennium Force 5. New Texas Giant

118 Coasters
16 Parks

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!