TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Keeping your lap bar up

Like many people, I like to give myself a little room with the lap bars to get airtime. However, it's hard to keep it this way throughout the whole ride, especially on GCI's. I'm having problems trying to keep them up 2-3 clicks as they usually will fall right down after I stop actively trying to hold them up. Any tips or tricks would help. Thanks

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My tip is to let the lap bar stay seated properly against your body so that you don't die or get injured leaving the park to pay out a shit load of money for your bad judgement. If you want unrestricted airtime, go ride Phoenix.

I don't think you have to have a death wish to not want a bar to tighten down excessively on you during the ride, or for the restraint to stay in the perfectly acceptable position it was in when you left the station. Haven't found any other method other than to hold them up when that's the case though, or at least hold them up at moments when G forces are really trying to crank it down.

Of more personal and complete relevance to me is when the seat checker tightens the restraint more than is usually done on the same ride, out of overenthusiasm or zeal or because they just got the speech. Especially when hundred rides on the same coaster have proven there is no need.

Zach and Bill you have made my morning! And I completely agree with both of you! There's a reason that restraint is designed the way it is and sits the way it does. Phoenix is awesome for airtime. Go try that one.

It’s too early for this shit.

Truth.

All I'm hearing from the OP is that they don't want to follow manufacture's safety guidelines so they can get an "extra thrill." Like... If someone is so bored with roller coasters that they actively try to fight keeping the harness open the entire ride... It might be time for a new hobby.

Maybe it's just me, but I have a feeling this thread is going to end up like a safety bar should be... locked. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Like many people, I like to give myself a little room with the lap bars to get airtime. However, it's hard to keep it this way throughout the whole ride, especially on GCI's. I'm having problems trying to keep them up 2-3 clicks as they usually will fall right down after I stop actively trying to hold them up. Any tips or tricks would help. Thanks

People like this are why we have warning labels for EVERYTHING.

I guess this thread isn't too extreme. I remember reading a thread a couple years ago where someone asked what the best way would be to retrieve a hat from within Raptor's fence. We didn't hear back from him, but I'm assuming everything went just fine.

If you're really looking for that extra thrill, just ask the attendant to slam the restraint bar extra hard into your nuts when they push it down. Then you'll really feel the airtime.

But for real, if you could not be the reason why Six Flags decides to add OTSRs to El Toro, that'd be great.

^^-- speaking of El Toro, I was going to bring up the question of is there any solution to the seat belt buckles. I have NO room between me and the bar, and yet somehow I end up with the belt buckle standing up vertically, edgewise between me and the restraint, which can be incredibly painful.

I guess this thread isn't too extreme. I remember reading a thread a couple years ago where someone asked what the best way would be to retrieve a hat from within Raptor's fence. We didn't hear back from him, but I'm assuming everything went just fine.

Savage-Instagram-Captions.jpg?fit=800%2C430&ssl=1

Giving yourself a little room to breathe is MAYBE POSSIBLY okay, so long as the restraint is just resting on your lap or chest like it's supposed to (I hold the B&M vests a little forward during loading so they don't crush my skinny Ginger chest). But, if your lap bar falls further down during the ride or you get stapled by an operator in the station, suck it up and deal with it. Safety is more important than airtime in every case.