TPR's 2018 USA Tour Trip Reports!

Part 4 - Busch Gardens Williamsburg!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: TPR's 2018 USA Tour Trip Reports!

Postby jynx242 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:07 am

Looks like an awesome day! Glad to see you guys are having fun at my home park!

I, also, loved Twisted Cyclone and think that Mindbender is still amazing after all it's years of operation. It is just as fierce as it was when it first opened.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:43 am

Great day at SFOG!

Highlights:
-Justice League was in great shape. The guns vibrate like a Playstation/XBOX controller which help you know when you're shooting which helps improve your score. That feature is not on STL or Chicago's. Fire was on and a nice surprise! Everything else was working.
-Bluehawk was not bad at all! They kept repeating "brand new experiences, smooth ride, etc" over the speakers in the queue which made me skeptical, but the new trains help a ton.
-Scorcher continues to be the one stand up that I enjoy.
-Skybuckets were a great way to get around the park.
-Staff energetic and being as efficient as possible.
-Log Jamboree delivers an acceptable amount of wetness.
-Monster Mansion is a great dark ride.
-Mindbender still kicks A$$.
-Twisted Cyclone is f*cking amazing and had me laughing from start to finish from first ride to last ride. It's really intense but also re-rideable in my opinion. I liked it more and more every ride and the progression of elements just kept getting wilder as the ride went on!

Get out to SFOG this summer!!!
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:48 am

Great report! Loved the coverage of Twisted Cyclone and the new Flash Pass wristband system looks a whole lot more convenient than having the q bot flop around.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Twisted Colossus, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Disney California Adventure & Disneyland

Postby bert425 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:29 am

Life lesson. If you want to be soaked on thunder river. Just ride in a raft with a pretty girl wearing a white t shirt. Those Georgia boys were ready and waiting at the water cannon stations!

LOL. we sloshed our way back to the hotel to change as even the hot sun didn’t get us anywhere near “dry”

Fantastic day at the park. Goliath was running amazing and by end of day twisted cyclone was. FLYING thru the those nuts back to back inversions after the 1st drop and that wave turn! Intense sideways air

Monster Mansion and JLA are both great dark rides and I of course loved the flume and caurosel as well. Great park. And I had a fantastic day
E4FAA3FD-095E-454E-85E7-8986BBE93898.jpeg
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Condor » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:31 am

I like the description of Twisted Cyclone as the "Batman: TR" of RMCs. SFOG was my favorite Six Flags even with the old Georgia Cyclone, so I really need to get back there and ride the new version.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby coasternut » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:28 am

Great trip report. I wish I was there. SFOG used to be my home 6 Flags park, when I lived in Florida. I was at the park a few months ago and loved it. Unfortunately, Twisted Cyclone wasn't open yet. It looked great then! I didn't ride the scream machine because it was running backwards. I don't do that, but enjoyed the ride when it was "running normal." Got to get back this season.
Coasternut,

LIVING FOR THAT AIRTIME!! :airtime:

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:44 am

Great report so far! Love SFOG and can't wait to be there soon.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Ed Farmer » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:59 am

Looks like an awesome time was had at one of my favorite parks. Wish I could have been there.
We Are Come To Outlive Our Brains

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby average.coaster.fan » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:50 am

Twisted Cyclone looks like a fantastic RMC! Honestly I think the hate came because the original ride animation was actually quite different from the final product (which isn’t really much of an excuse anyways cuz all RMCs are incredible), but is definitely a coaster and park that I have to visit, especially now living in Florida!
Steel: 154 Wood: 39 Overall: 193
Top 5 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Twisted Timbers, Skyrush, i305, Maverick
Top 5 Wood: Voyage, Lightning Rod, Outlaw Run, Beast, Thunderhead
Top 5 Parks: Cedar Point, Silver Dollar City, Dollywood, Busch Gardens Tampa, Holiday World

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby xVicesAndVirtues » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:05 am

Just rode Twisted Cyclone the other day and I thought the EXACT same thing. Yes, "they had to trim a little off the layout", but when we rode in the back row especially, holy crap this things delivers. It's like...a shorter, more disorienting version of Twisted Timbers. Only RMC would make a turn-around into a double inversion. I even made myself late for drinking in midtown Atlanta so my friend and I could get a few extra rides in. That half-airtime turn with a jolt to the left into the brake run is such an awesome finale!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!