Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

The “Heinz 57” of perfection?

Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:46 pm

If you could add a little something from one designer and company to another of a different what would your “dream”combo be?

For me......

restraints by Schwarzkopf, trains and seats by B&M, design by Stengel, creative input and attitude by Toomer, track by B&M, layout by Intamin, launch by S&S (for speed and smoothness) with help from Premier for reliability and themeing by Disney or Universal.

I’m sure I’ll change this 100 times especially after reading yours.......Go

Re: The “Heinz 57” of perfection?

Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:40 pm

S&S for an air launch Dodonpa style
Trains, track and everything else from Mack

Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:54 pm

TheGallophingGhost wrote:restraints by Schwarzkopf, trains and seats by B&M

I'll just piggyback on this... and add my 2 cents. The special thing about those Schwarzkopf trains are not only the restraints (which are comfy, not tight yet still keep you in) but more importantly, those seats. They are near-flat (slight depression in the middle) and not grippy. This enables you to slide around laterally on curves, sort of like a classic wood coaster. All while still having an individual lap bar, and no seat divider. It is steel coaster perfection to me, all designed around... what, 1975?

Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:19 pm

This looks fun!

By B&M: Pretty Wheels (most important), seats, vibrant colors that somehow work
By Intamin: Lap bar restraint, track (from TTD, Millennium, GForce, etc), and hydraulic launch
By Mack: Track
By Arrow: Sllllllllllooooooooooooooooooowwwwwww lift
By Alan Schilke: Design

Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:32 pm

JT325 wrote:
TheGallophingGhost wrote:restraints by Schwarzkopf, trains and seats by B&M

I'll just piggyback on this... and add my 2 cents. The special thing about those Schwarzkopf trains are not only the restraints (which are comfy, not tight yet still keep you in) but more importantly, those seats. They are near-flat (slight depression in the middle) and not grippy. This enables you to slide around laterally on curves, sort of like a classic wood coaster. All while still having an individual lap bar, and no seat divider. It is steel coaster perfection to me, all designed around... what, 1975?

I ride Shockwave at SFOT almost every time I'm there, which is 3-4 times a month, and I HATE those seats and restraints. The seats are hard and the metal restraint always leaves a few small bruises on my upper thighs. I do like how you're not stapled in, but a little padding on the part that goes across the top of your legs would make a huge difference to me when you get thrown up into it.

Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:39 pm

I would take the trains from Millennium Force, put them on Millennium Force, and put it at Cedar Point.

Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:49 pm

I really thought everyone was going to ask for Arrow / Toomer transitions and OTS restraints. Mmmmm. :airtime:

In all seriousness I thought this would be fun and I’m really enjoying everyone’s responses!! Thanks.

Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:54 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:I would take the trains from Millennium Force, put them on Millennium Force, and put it at Cedar Point.

Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:16 pm

I would put Mack Mega/Launch coaster trains on Skyrush. Now THAT would be perfection.

Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:33 pm

coasterbill wrote:
ytterbiumanalyst wrote:I would take the trains from Millennium Force, put them on Millennium Force, and put it at Cedar Point.

Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS