Photo TR: Condor's Audacious Travels

Knoebels + Six Flags America!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Re: Photo TR: Condor's Audacious Travels

Postby CenturyFlyer » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:06 pm

I did enjoy Wildcat when I rode it... in 2016... at 12 years old.

I also find it hard to like Lightning Racer. The dueling is the best part, but even with that, I don't find it to be a great wooden coaster.

Man, after reading all of these reviews I wish that I had gotten another ride on Candymonium! But I did enjoy myself more at Knoebels that same day, so what's a guy to do? =)
There is only one true Blue Streak!

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:37 pm

Getting a good, comfortable ride on Skyrush is like a game and while some may hate that, it’s part of why I love it.

I'm thankful to be part of a TPR Skyrush hour ERT and I 1000% agree with this. I was pretty intimidated after my first and second ride, it was so wild. But then each ride you can learn how to take the turns, even put your arms up, and then after a dozen rides you are figuring it all out.

There aren't many coasters I stop and think, Oh shit. I haven't been on ____ in a year. I need to get back asap. And Skyrush is definitely one of them. Oh and then there's the entire buffet of amazing coasters and flats Hershey sets out. Nice.
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Condor » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:29 pm

bill_s wrote:I don't understand criticisms like this of Lightning Racer. Yes, if was only a single coaster, it would be a 7 or maybe only 6. Racing, and especially my first ride in a while, it's at least 4 times better, and the best surprise in the park -- even having been there twice before and knowing how good it is.

My review may have come across a little harsh, though my 7/10 was meant to show it's a quality coaster that has simply never made a big impression on me. I've noticed racing/dueling makes a bigger difference to some enthusiasts than others. For me it has never mattered much, with Dueling Dragons as the lone exception. Generally if I don't enjoy it as a single coaster, dueling isn't going to change that, but I understand why it would for others.

PKI Jizzman wrote:I'm thankful to be part of a TPR Skyrush hour ERT and I 1000% agree with this. I was pretty intimidated after my first and second ride, it was so wild. But then each ride you can learn how to take the turns, even put your arms up, and then after a dozen rides you are figuring it all out.

One great thing about Skyrush is that it often has a one-train wait at most in the evening. So unless you're there on an especially busy day, almost any evening can become a Skyrush ERT hour!

What I do and who I am

Postby pianojohn » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:45 am

I only rode Skyrush once its opening year. Painful. Beyond painful since I have big quads. The sitting on the brake run at the end was pretty much the worst moment I have ever had on a coaster. I could feel the blood clots starting. Why oh why did they design these lap bars so horribly? I've been on tons of other Intamins with no problems whatsoever.

Has it gotten any better? I really will probably never ride it again if they haven't modified their restraints.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:03 am

Don't ride on a wing and you can sort of brace the restraint with your legs if your feet are on the floor and stop it from closing as tight as it otherwise would. Once I learned how to ride it I started to really like it. I'm on team Skyrush at this point. :lol:

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Condor » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:07 am

pianojohn wrote:I only rode Skyrush once its opening year. Painful. Beyond painful since I have big quads. The sitting on the brake run at the end was pretty much the worst moment I have ever had on a coaster. I could feel the blood clots starting. Why oh why did they design these lap bars so horribly? I've been on tons of other Intamins with no problems whatsoever.

Has it gotten any better? I really will probably never ride it again if they haven't modified their restraints.

They switched to a softer foam at some point but my guess is you'll still find it painful if it was that bad before. Even though it's my #1 I'll admit the lapbars are an awful design. I've just figured out some workarounds!

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby dankeykang » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:35 am

Does running 2 trains vs. 1 train on Skyrush make a significant difference? I made my first visit earlier this year and they were only running one train, so I didn't have to deal with sitting on the brake run waiting for the next dispatch.

Totally agree that once you figure out how to ride Skyrush, it's an amazing experience. My approach is to grab a left wing seat and lean outward to the left during the ride. As you pass through the Stengel dives and some of the right-hand turns, it feels like you're getting ripped in half :br

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:21 am

Don't the lap bars partially release on the brake run anyway?

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:03 am

coasterbill wrote:Don't the lap bars partially release on the brake run anyway?

Yep--one click. They can ratchet down on you during the ride though. I'm not a bit fan of the restraints, either, although I think Skyrush is a great, legitimately terrifying ride.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby thepoint4life23 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:53 am

Just here to say that Troegs might be the best or one of the best breweries I have ever been to. If you don't stop in when you go to Hersey your missing out.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/5749463e4331775e371e68621c381f92.jpg[/img][/url]

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!