I do want to address a few Fuji Q points as everyone seems to be throwing a LOT of praise in their direction...
- Yes, we had a really good day but it was not without effort, money, and some decent weather.
- Fujiyama was closed (and we knew it would be as it was scheduled down for the day on their calendar about a month out). We have found that the park is MUCH more manageable on weekdays due to crowds, but something will always be closed on a weekday so this is important to note when you schedule going to the park.
- We paid $12 x three rides for each participant on top of admission to get them a skip the line ticket for the other big three coasters. Even with minimal crowds these tickets were needed to avoid hour plus long lines. Sometimes these skip the line tickets are randomly not offered, sometimes they are sold out before you arrive, and sometimes you can't get them for what you want. They recently started selling them online three days prior to some day visits, but only to people with Japanese Yahoo accounts.
- Yes, operations were MUCH better, but Eejanaika opened with one train, and then put the second train on one hour after opening which was frustrating. Dodonpa has super low capacity, so with the skip the line tickets taking about half of each train and two, eight person trains running...well, you do the math on capacity there.
- Weather ended up mostly in our favor. Weather can really derail this park fast. We did have some wind on our visit which closed flat rides and the suspended junior coaster off and on throughout the day.
- Food was MUCH MUCH improved and their kiosk ordering system was AWESOME!!!
- We had a friend who went two days after we did and had a terrible time. Only one coaster was running, it had a 240min line, and they were not selling the fast pass for it. It was windy he said. That was the FujiQ visit we were used to. I hope that his visit was the anomaly these days and not ours, but we don't have enough visits and statistics to really confirm that the park has indeed turned the corner. I truly hope it has, as we had a great time and will return again soon!
^ I was going to ask about those Passes, like the ones you and Robb got for us in 2011 and 2013 trips. Still needed, huh? Well, after so many of those hour+ queues on most (if not all) of the big rides, even on weekdays, that's not surprising.
SharkTums wrote:I do want to address a few Fuji Q points as everyone seems to be throwing a LOT of praise in their direction...
While I definitely don't have enough data points with personal visits, I'm happy to say I'm 2 for 2 on having good visits in the last year. I'm similarly hoping I didn't just catch the park on unusually good days both times, but I've been pretty happy with both my visits (even if I did run into a few of the snags you mentioned).
These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment, Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.
photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by
a professional ride photographer.
For yours and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at
parks without proper permission.
You need a sense of humor to view our site,
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER! There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13." Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.