Six Flags to operate Frontier City again

P. 4 - New Kids Area for 2019 Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Re: Six Flags to operate Frontier City again

Postby larrygator » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:07 pm

Kemotblue wrote: 2020 I can see a ride clone come to this park. Coaster wise I can see A 4D Free Fly coaster if not that a tower ride like a Skyscreamer or Drop Tower. The park is missing some type of tower ride since they removed Eruption and Hangman. This time around I think Six Flags will do a better job of taking care of the park. Time will only tell I like that their season was extended now I can enjoy the park 10 months out of the year. Instead of 7 months of the year.

I don't know what 2020 will hold, but I don't think the following would be a unrealistic five year plan

2020 - Endeavor
2021 - Additional Water Slide Tower
2022 - Skyscreamer (195ft or 240ft foot model)
2023 - Multi person Water Slide
2024 - S&S Free Fly or RMC Raptor
Last edited by larrygator on Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:53 pm.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby Kemotblue » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:32 pm

larrygator wrote:

I don't know what 2020 will hold, but I don't think the following would be a unrealistic five year plan

2020 - Endeavor
2021 - Additional Water Slide Tower
2022 - Skyscreamer (195ft of 240ft foot model)
2023 - Multi person Water Slide
2024 - S&S Free Fly or RMC Raptor

2020 - Endeavor I can see that as an addition they had a similar ride like that called Rodeo Round up.
2021- Most definitely see an expansion to the water park area there was talk about adding a lazy river that interacts with Wildcat with a toddlers/kids splash pad. beyond that there is not telling if they go Big with additions.

I know that I was told by somebody that worked at the park that when Jim Reid Anderson shortly visited the park after the news of the SF taking over management. He was really impressed with the park and it's potential. He said "the park had a lot of charm like Fiesta Texas"

Postby Kemotblue » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:11 pm

Today I was at the park they confirmed what rides will be removed from Timber Town. They did it in a fun way. Here is images of the headstones for the rides.
IMG_1177.jpg
IMG_1178.jpg
IMG_1180.jpg

Postby Kemotblue » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:27 pm

I visited Frontier City for Holiday in the Park last Friday. The park was truly amazing for the parks very first Christmas event. I was surprised how much they had decorated in 3 weeks. They even had some interesting and fun surprise Holiday Easter eggs. Like Quick Draw I would give that Sally shooting dark ride a whirl they cleverly decorated the inside the ride. They did close off their "Renegade Road" which is where you would find Renegade Rapids, Sidewinder, Gunslinger, Go Karts and the Gunfighter stun show. That area has been decorated with lighted scenery's, lighted Archways and a lighted tunnel. They now call the area the North Pole . The Ferris Wheel will take you up and over the park to get sweeping views of all the lights. Soaring Eagle another attraction this will take you over the lighted Main Street and the main Christmas Tree. Another area to get sweeping views of the park Diamondbacks Launch station.

The parks has a few shows Magic of Christmas a Christmas themed magic show and Best Time of the Year. Carolers roam the park singing classics. They like it when you join in with them and are very interactive with guests. They like to take selfies with you. Also Main Street is decked out in a Dazzling light shows with snow cannons. The show plays every half hour till the park closes. Kids have a craft area to write Santa a letter and decorate cookies. Of course you can get your photo taken with Santa.

Like all Six Flag Parks there is 3 fire pit areas to make s'mores. Your normal Christmas food items Hot Chocolate, Christmas themed Funnel cakes, cookies and bread bowls. Here are some photo I taken when I was at Frontier City for their opening night of Holiday in the Park.
IMG_3591 (2).JPG
IMG_3597 (2).JPG
IMG_3657 (2).JPG
IMG_3661 (2).JPG
IMG_3664 (2).JPG
IMG_3672 (2).JPG
IMG_3693 (2).JPG
IMG_3694 (2).JPG
IMG_3697 (2).JPG

Postby Kemotblue » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:39 pm

Here is some more photos I taken Friday of Holiday in the park at Frontier City
IMG_3545 (2).JPG
IMG_3550 (2).JPG
IMG_3553 (2).JPG
IMG_3573 (2).JPG
IMG_3574 (2).JPG
IMG_3576 (2).JPG
IMG_3577 (2).JPG
IMG_3579 (2).JPG
IMG_3587 (2).JPG
IMG_3592 (2).JPG
IMG_3593 (2).JPG
IMG_3597 (2).JPG
IMG_3621 (2).JPG
IMG_3625 (2).JPG
IMG_3627 (2).JPG
One of the Oldest and original buildings to the park.
IMG_3650 (2).JPG
IMG_3691 (2).JPG

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:04 am

Looks good!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby LegendLover » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:46 pm

Wow! Looks good! I was excited when A Frontier Christmas was announced last year. This looks really nice and well done. It doesn't seem like it is talked about as much as all the other Six Flags' Holiday in the Parks.

Postby thrillrider » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:45 pm

The park just updated the logo on their Facebook page. Looks like it's not going to be a traditional six flags park like some thought.
Screenshot_20181228-214055_Facebook.jpg
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:24 pm

That's great to see. With all the effort over the last few years that has been put into having a cohesive theme for this park, they're wise to sit back and reap the benefits of it and not try to change too much.

Postby Kemotblue » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:32 am

I know the park is not getting a flashy new attraction but I like what they are doing remodeling an area that hasn't been touched since the late 90's. I drove by the park to see what they are doing construction wise to the kids area. Figured they will be going gangbusters on construction. Pretty much 75 percent of the kids area has been leveled and cleared out. So this is a complete remodel of the kids area. Some of the new Timbertown kid rides have arrived at the park the past few weeks and are sitting in the parking lot. Over Texas is keeping their Caddo Lake Barge ride that was supposed to be in the new Timbertown. Since it was damaged in the Parks Flood this past summer. Six Flags decided to add a Zamperla Jr. Balloon Ferris Wheel. I think actually would be a nice addition to that end of the park for the nightime highway aesthetics. Here is some photos I took from passing by the park last week.
IMG_5194.jpg
New rides in the parking lot.
IMG_5193.jpg
New Rides in the parking lot
IMG_5197.jpg
New structures and the Rio Grand kid train all the old cartoonish carrot theme-ing elements and landscape has been removed. You can see new structures that have been built.
IMG_5198.jpg
The gazebo structure that shaded riders on the Tea Cups has been torn down from the ride. So the ride is not enclosed. Hopefully they rebuild the shade structure Oklahoma summer sun is not to kind to guests.
IMG_5183.jpg
This is the kid Ferris wheel at Over Texas at night. I took on opening weekend. It will be similar to the one that will be added to Frontier City. So it being lit up at night will add more depth to the parks skyline.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!