Six Flags to operate Frontier City again

P. 4 - New Kids Area for 2019 Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Six Flags to operate Frontier City again

Postby #ArrowLivesMatter » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:55 am

I really hope six flags dosent skrew this place up, by putting looney tunes and dc characters in the park and ruin the old school theming that the park has. But yet again its six flags and who ever knows what there up to :roll:

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby Kemotblue » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:26 pm

New mascots guess they want to keep the charm of the park.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby SixFlagsAstroworld » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:56 pm

I don’t think Six Flags will mess with Frontier City that much. They own Great Escape in new york, yet they don’t have the typical six flags theme anymore (as far as I know). I think they’ll treat this park like Great Escape, except a little more thrilling.
Coaster Count: 108
Check out my latest project: Six Flags Cypress Adventures
HARD ROCK PARK Coming to Chaos Crafter 2019!!

Postby Kemotblue » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:41 pm

I follow a local FB Blog page called Frontier City Thrills here in Oklahoma that connects with staff at the park. According to a post on that page one of the admins of the page talked with somebody in maintenance. They said there was already set in place an attraction for 2019 at the old Eruption sight Before Six Flag took over management. So if those plans will still be in place for 2020 that will be the question I highly doubt it but we know Six Flags will have their own plans for the park. I hope its true the park needs a good tower ride to replace Eruption. Drop tower or a Skyscreamer. I say they need to get a Skyscreamer there is not any in the state and locals here would love it the views they would get from a Skyscreamer. They would get awesome views of downtown and the nearby lake. They could advertise it as the tallest ride in Oklahoma.

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Shavethewhales » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:26 am

^That would not surprise me. The canning of Stephen Ball (previous GM) shows that they are taking this park in a different direction. Stephen set the park up to go bigger. Six Flags wants to keep it smaller as a "feeder" park for SFOT and the chain in general. I'm sure we'll get a new thrill ride eventually, but once again you can feel the brakes being put on.

It's a good addition, don't get me wrong. This is a serious investment, and much better than many of the additions we got under previous SF years. Like I said earlier though, I didn't think the kids area was the weak point. It also feels so cut-and-paste whereas FC was really starting to build up it's own theming and character in the past few years. SF will rip it all out I'm sure.

The Great Escape is exactly the kind of treatment I expect. We can look forward to a decent ride every few years. Forget about a coaster unless it's a super cheap model or a hand-me-down.

Postby Kemotblue » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:19 pm

Shave your comment about the coasters technically is right. They are getting a brand new cheap coaster.. "Frankie's Mini Mine Train". :b Kidding aside I'm OK with what they are going to do to the area. Beside the 3 brand new rides, and a SFOT relocation ride. They are reworking the whole area the mini buildings are remaining and everything is else is getting a complete makeover even the Large Play Structure. So the remodel of the kids area is going to be pretty significant change for the park.

I don't believe they are entirely using Frontier City as a feeder park. It has always been a feeder park for Over Texas. There is a lot of OKC metro resident's I know who don't care to set foot in Frontier City and have Passes too Over Texas. Now that Frontier City is back they feel their Pass has more value. They plan to visit Fright Fest this year and HITP. The way Passes work this time around compared to back in 2006. It's a win for Frontier City. It will be interesting how the membership works at this park in 2019.

Future attraction wise I'm not worried one Six Flags only leasing the management rights to the park. The one that will fit the bill for new rides will be EPR out of Kansas City. EPR is financial backers of Top Golf, Schlitterbahn Water park Resorts, Several theme park and amusement parks. They will make sure to continue investing into their parks.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby tanthonyam » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:37 pm

I'm wondering if they will keep that Schwarzkopf or replace it eventually....

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:49 pm

Oh, it will be replaced eventually, there's no doubt about that. I really don't see Six Flags making major changes to this park any tine soon though. They'll tweak a few things here and there, but for the most part, they'll sit back and cash the check.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:26 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:OKtoberfest is back?

I think it should be mandated that every theme park has an Oktoberfest!

Postby Kemotblue » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:34 pm

Oklahoma City is a lot larger and better then it was in 2006. You know what so is Six Flags. I think Six Flags this time around will do a much better job with this park. I know it's a lackluster addition. A whole area of the park is being completely remodeled it just not adding a few kids rides. A brand new Jr. Roller coaster to replace the painful aging Wildkitty. Two new Flat rides and a relocated ride from Six Flags Over Texas. The whole area from the local press release a complete remodel of the whole kids area. The tiny buildings are staying and the Two play structures are getting make overs with additions and changes. the park saw an area that has not been touched since 1997 they felt that change was needed more then a Thrill rides. Their focus was on what families locally would want to see done at the park. Not Thrill seekers enthusiast wanted to see added to the park.

2020 I can see a ride clone come to this park. Coaster wise I can see A 4D Free Fly coaster if not that a tower ride like a Skyscreamer or Drop Tower. The park is missing some type of tower ride since they removed Eruption and Hangman. This time around I think Six Flags will do a better job of taking care of the park. Time will only tell I like that their season was extended now I can enjoy the park 10 months out of the year. Instead of 7 months of the year.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!