Six Flags to operate Frontier City again

P. 4 - New Kids Area for 2019 Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags to operate Frontier City again

Postby cal1br3tto » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:52 am

^I know this is beside the point, but as another data point, the list price for Gold Plus at SFOG is $7.25 a month (total charge is $7.69).

I’m hoping they don’t use the additional parks as an excuse to raise the membership prices significantly higher than we currently expect. Anyone else concerned they might do that? I hope we at least stay locked into our prices for long periods of time, with only rare minor increases, as before.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby Sven20 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:01 pm

cal1br3tto wrote:^I know this is beside the point, but as another data point, the list price for Gold Plus at SFOG is $7.25 a month (total charge is $7.69).

I’m hoping they don’t use the additional parks as an excuse to raise the membership prices significantly higher than we currently expect. Anyone else concerned they might do that? I hope we at least stay locked into our prices for long periods of time, with only rare minor increases, as before.

How did you get $7.69 total charge?

Postby cal1br3tto » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:17 pm

^I know that one because I have that membership, and the extra is from tax. I was surprised it was so low—I’m pretty sure my original SFOT one charged a higher amount in tax.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Shavethewhales » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:53 am

Sven20 wrote:$9 was extremely low for parking at an amusement park.

Yet another unfortunate standard that Six Flags has set for the industry. In the OKC metro where cars rule, COL is low, and paid parking only exists in a few places, this isn't going over well. Eventually people will get used to it I guess, but it will cut down on casual visitors who just wanted to make one visit a year. Perhaps the increase in local passholders will make up for that. For me personally it's made me less likely to visit until they add something big, even though I live just up the turnpike. Just not worth $40+$20 when you can get into SDC for cheaper with free parking. Just my opinion - if I was right in the OKC metro maybe I would feel differently.

I did notice a lot of excitement over the deal to get cheaper SFOT tickets with a FC pass. Perhaps the rumors are true that the strategy really is just to help drive people to Dallas. This go kart site development is something I'll be watching intently to see if they are adding something big to make the park fresh and exciting again, or just something simple like a haunt to bring it closer to basic SF standards. I have a feeling it's the latter.

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby Kemotblue » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:58 am

I learned yesterday that Frontier City will be adding a new event this season "OKtoberfest" . Not sure the exact dates or what it will entail. I did look up when it had it last that was when Six Flags last owned the park back in 2006. The last time it was held at the park it started the last two weekends of September and overlapped into the first weekend of Fright Fest. It was a German Food and Beer Festival like you expect out of Oktoberfest, With German music dancing performances. German vendors set up in Thunder Bird Plaza. I'm looking to get more details that sounds interesting something fun to add too the park during the downtime weekends before Fright Fest.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:02 pm

OKtoberfest is back?

Postby Kemotblue » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:11 pm

^ I know right! :lmao:

Postby Kemotblue » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:35 pm

Frontier City has been working on construction of Fright Fest one of the new scare zones you can tell like it's some type of Zombie refuge camp. There is a look out tower and takes up a pretty good chunk of Wildcats Infield. They use the defunct and removed Eruption queue line and Ride area. Also they constructed a very large Photo op area called Shelter 28. I expect live scare actors will be in the back ground. There is a new game a Zombie Paintball game in the games section. Just LIke a Six Flags par would do in the weeks before and leading up too Fright Fest turn some type of fountain, or water in the park a blood red color. This week it was the pond between Gunslinger and Sidewinder.
IMG_0686.jpg
Fright Fest 2018
IMG_0690.jpg
Fright Fest 2018
IMG_0699.jpg
Fright Fest 2018
IMG_0709.jpg
Fright Fest 2018
IMG_0711.jpg
Fright Fest 2018

I Love Donkeys!

Postby wsixflags » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:56 am

Postby Kemotblue » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:56 am

Frontier City has started teasing and by couple of their recent last posts on their FB page. I'm guessing it has to do with their kids area. Which needs some attention. That area has not had anything added too it since the petting zoo in 2004 and a coaster switch with Elitch Gardens in 2013 of the same model kiddie coaster. The area was constructed in 1998. So a Refresh of that area is long long overdue. So I would be OK with an area of the park that needs to be fixed up for the young thrill seekers. I'm Sad being an enthusiast I wanted something major. But Themeparks are not just for enthusiasts. They have to keep in mind all their guests. A General Public's point of view shows that the park is taking care of their park. What do you expect; Did you expect them to add something major after only being manged by Six Flags for a few months. Most of the money would have to be spent on the upcoming seasonal events and switching the park computer programs and all that capital expenditures over to a Six Flags park. That is not cheap So part of me was hoping for a major attraction but in reality know that was far fetched in such little time. Maybe next year they GO BIG!!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!