Six Flags to operate Frontier City again

P. 4 - New Kids Area for 2019 Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Six Flags to operate Frontier City again

Postby Eyebrows » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:30 am

jconsolmagno wrote:Happy to hear Frontier City is planning on opening back up April 12. I might fly in and do my first visit the following weekend if that holds true.

Make sure you’re able to delay or cancel the tickets because the opening dates are tentative.
Last edited by Eyebrows on Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:35 am.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:03 am

jconsolmagno wrote:Happy to hear Frontier City is planning on opening back up April 12. I might fly in and do my first visit the following weekend if that holds true.

I wouldn’t bet on the park being open at that point.... Given they just announced all of Oklahoma’s schools to be closed for the rest of the school year. Seems like Oklahoma is staying closed for a while.
Bigger is not always better.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby Jaykethekid » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:13 am

I'm extremely skeptical of them opening anytime before May seeing how the virus sitation isnt anywhere near peaking. Though, if the region is relatively stable virus situation wise, then who knows, they may take the risk. I haven't heard much about COVID-19 in OKC.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:30 am

I was browsing their list of rides and was stunned to see they still have a rotor in Tumbleweed. I thought Canobie and Sylvan Beach were the last two rotors in the US. I thought all the chain parks had removed them.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Pavilion Park/Broadway at the Beach & Free Fall Thrill Park, Myrtle SkyWheel, & Mini Golf

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:58 pm

^^ You haven't heard much because Oklahoma ignored it until they could no longer ignore it, and then they kept ignoring it for two more weeks for good measure.

I think we all need to make peace with not being able to visit theme parks anywhere until after Memorial Day at the very earliest.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby dankeykang » Tue May 26, 2020 6:02 am

Frontier City's General Manager announced this morning on Good Morning America that the park will be reopening on Friday, June 5th, along with providing some other information about reservations, cleaning procedures, etc.

Video: https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/food/video/flags-reveals-reopening-plans-theme-park-70878854

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby grsupercity » Tue May 26, 2020 7:12 am

Thats a good domino to fall for other Six Flags parks to announce opening dates
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!